7 yrs, 4 mths ago

How do you refresh your sunscreen during day

So im a avid sunscreen wearer daily but I also wear makeup daily.

As sunscreen mainly has a wear life of four hours. . how does everyone refresh their sunscreen during the day without redoing makeup ..

I go out in sun for lunch and afternoon but worry im not protected.

I’ve started using the color science physical protect powder. I do a dusting over makeup and it gives protection and different colours. PTR also has one spf 40.

Tips/ tricks? Ideas

24 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 3 yrs, 2 mths ago

I think there are powder zinc sun screens available on line. Good to top up during the day over make up.

• 6 yrs, 2 mths ago

Actually I do agree with you. Im a big believer in a hat some times I think its just better for you.

• 6 yrs, 3 mths ago

I’ve been wanting to try physical sunscreen for a while – just since I don’t wear powder all the time or foundation – worried will look rather geisha! lol
    Has anyone tried natural sunscreens – just bought one – lower spf but less chemicals… .hope it works

• 6 yrs, 3 mths ago

I’m very interested to try the Color science physical protect powder, as this is a dilemma I have wondered about also. I have had skin cancer and can’t take chances. Of course the most important thing is not just sunscreen but also a good hat, but any sunlight that reflects onto our faces underneath a hat, can still cause sun damage.
    The first layer of sunscreen needs to be applied to bare skin I have been told, but if we put makeup over this that is OK, and we can also reapply more sunscreen over the makeup if necessary.

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

Not sure that all sunscreen has a life of four hours?. My understanding of it is that UV filter sunscreens will require topping up more regularly than physical sunscreens. I use a physical sunscreen and it seems to work all day pretty much , admittedly i havent stayed at the beach all day.

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks Krisb. I actually have the it cosmetics cc cream. Good suggestion.
    Do you just reapply over top? Would be keen to hear how you do it?

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

I’ve been using the IT cosmetics CC cream- sephora- SPF 50 – physical – can touch up during the day. LOVE ❤️ IT.

• 7 yrs, 4 mths ago

Well clinique have released a mineral powder foundation all physical with spf 45 that im keen to look at. It might apply well over the foundation during the day. Only comes in a couple colours.

I love the idea of sunscreen sprays but i only want physical they are all chemical sigh

There’s also now a mineral day face fluid from clinique too with only physical spf. Comes in 30 & 50

• 7 yrs, 4 mths ago

Following….I don’t wear makeup but use a physical suncream and only apply in the mornings…

• 7 yrs, 4 mths ago

I usually use my IOPE cushion (SPF50+/PA+++) to touch up midway through the day. Otherwise I always have a tube of Biore UV sunscreen in my clutch.

• 7 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thanks for the tips duality and ethelinde. Ill have to look into these cushions and Korean fresh up products.

I was sure physical lasted longer Duality. Im still a bit worried especially walking in sun after work finishes. Summer afternoons can be a bit deceiving. Im sure my sweating during the day makes me less protected lol.
      Ive worked hard on my pigmentation so must try to not get it back again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.