5 yrs, 3 mths ago

How and what kind of Sunscreen to use around the sensitive eyes

Hey Beauties, I been struggling on this matter for the longest time. I normally use BB Cushion with SPF for this and sometimes i use the moisturiser with spf 15 after applying eye cream. My under eye seems to have some sun damage now. How to get recover from it?
* I uses sunglasses but sometimes it’s just too hot!
THANKS !

15 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 5 yrs, 2 mths ago

We should protect our eyes from sun damage. Most sunscreen is safe to use on and around the eyelid region Mineral formulas, made with zinc or titanium dioxide, are a good choice, as they are made for sensitive skin and won’t sting your eyes as you sweat.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I would highly recommend the tinted moisturiser by NARS because it has SPF 15. I have sensitive dry skin and I’m currently using it and i find that it settles into my skin nicely and I don’t get irritated by it.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

WotNot do great sunscreen that doesn’t irritate the skin…

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

My foundation etc has an SPF but I always apply a sunscreen after moisturising and before foundation and primer.
    I use la Roche posay which I buy at Priceline. I find it isn’t oily and absorbs super quickly. I have no issues with make up sitting on top of it.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Olay complete defence moisturiser is 30+SPF and a moisturiser with built in sunscreen I get the sensitive skin version which is fragrance free.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Several Korean brands make eye-specific sunscreen sticks, off the top of my head Apieu and Hera definitely make one, there’s others but I’m coffee deprived and can’t think, I’ll edit later if I remember more. Check ebay or yesstyle.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

hey duality – do you currently use this at all? I`ve after something I can use on my daughters as that is the one area they always get burnt no matter what I put under their eyes- do you think this may be too strong?

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks! Definitely will check this out!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Hi marchgoddess it is possible that the SPF you are using is too low.
    I recently started using this Nivea sunscreen, which is SPF 50

https://www.beautyheaven.com.au/body-health/suncare/product/sun-uv-face-shine-control

It does not have any scent and is quite nice to use under makeup.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.