2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Glow Lab Shampoo & Conditioner Bar Trial Team

Howdy!

I didn’t see a forum topic for this trial team, so I thought I’d make a new one.

Now… I signed up and was waiting to see if I was shortlisted, but I ended up getting a notification that the products were posted on Friday (22/10) and the parcel was delivered last night (Saturday 23/10), but still no email with a survey link!

Anyway, they smell phenomenal and I’ll be washing my hair either tomorrow or the following day, so I’ll give them a whirl.

85 comments 26 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I got a email from Australia Post to say my package from Beautycrew was on it’s way but I was invited to a trial by Beautyheaven, so that’s interesting?

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Haha! I wonder if it was just a clerical error? Let us know what you receive!

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Sorry wrong forum again but I can’t find anything…. I just got another email from BH about a parcel being prepared. I know it’s not a trial because I’m already on 2, so could this be the prize from the site launch giveaways? Has anyone else received anything? I won the Manicure prize but now I can’t even remember what it was 🤔 False eyelashes I think. Oh well, it’ll be a surprise 😅💜

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Yes I won a heated eyelash curler, some new makeup brushes which I really needed, 3 packs of pre glued lashes (though a nice idea, I couldn’t get them to stick… they either stuck to my fingernails or to the tweezers, and then the glue messed up everything) and a pair of eyelash applicator tweezers. Thanks BH! ❤

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

@Scarlett_Angel , what do you think of heated eyelash curler? I want to get one! Does it hold the curl longer? Is it easy to use and not damaging to lashes?

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Yes I think you’re right and that it is the 12 Days of Giveaways, I won the Dr Lewins prize. I’m not on a trial and haven’t received a email but I did get a notification that something is being prepared from beautyheaven. 🙏🏻❤️😊

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Lucky ladies 😊 I haven’t got any tracking for the prize I won yet. I won the Remington bundle.

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Oww a Remington bundle 🥰 how lucky are we to be able to be apart of this amazing community and get the chance to win and trial such amazing products! Thank you Bh again xo

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Very lucky 🥰

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I’m not on the trial but I have tried the Glow Lab conditioner bar and was not impressed. I really had to apply a bit of force to drag it down the lengths of my hair, it was so stiff. So I held my hair in the palm of my hand to support it as I used it. I hoped it would soften after a few uses but it did’nt. I’m glad I bought it on special because I really did’nt like it. My hair is fragile and this was too tough on it. I have used curliosity by Ethique and enjoyed it much more and will likely repurchase.

It seems we don’t have trial team forums anymore? this is only here because Rivetlicker started it. Do you guys have a email link to review this product?

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Lisa, I thought the same of the conditioner bar. Very hard and didn’t soften even under hot water. My ends are bleach damaged and dry, so it definitely wasn’t enough. I still used my usual leave in treatment afterwards. I’ll most likely be using this as a body bar/hand conditioner… the link to the reviews and survey is in the email people received. Or just look it up.

Edit: here’s the link. I just looked up Glow Lab and it’s there in the products

Conditioner Bar Nourish

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Happy to report back that after passing out with my half wet hair, it feels clean, and nice and soft this morning. No tangles like usual. However I did need to use my Philip Kingsley spray in treatment on my ends. No itchy scalp, but if it does flare up, I have the PK scalp toner. Sorry to be blabbing on about other products, but this brand really saved my scalp and stopped my crazy hair shedding, so I’m well stocked up on their products… I’m one of those people who has 10+ shampoos & conditioners in my shower due to severe hair loss in the past, so I’ve literally tried everything. I just like to alternate between different products depending on how my scalp and hair is feeling 💙🥥🍋🌵🏝

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Well I finally got around to trying out the shampoo bar and conditioner after sweating it out in the Infrared sauna tonight. I found the shampoo bar foamed really well, and was easy to cleanse my scalp and hair with. I did a double wash as usual. The conditioner bar on the other hand, was really hard to apply as it didn’t foam, I kinda just rubbed it into my ends as best as I could. I found that I still needed a leave in treatment spray, as my bleached ends are super dry. So far my scalp feels clean and not itchy (I usually avoid coconut and other oils touching it). So I’ll see how it feels tomorrow. I’ve just left my hair to air dry because I’m super tired… they both smell amazing though, I ended up using a bit of the container bar on my hands, and they’re so nicely moisturised and smell like a tropical holiday!! 🥥🍋🌵🏝😍

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

My hair is oily like yours, Scarlett, so I’m interested in seeing how long it keeps your hair clean.

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

misfortune well I’m on day 2 and my scalp it itchy like crazy! Not really oily, just the itching is driving me crazy!! Last time I used my usual Philip Kingsley products and got away with up to 4 days. I’m going to wash my scalp and hair with my usual products today because I’m scared of any further shedding. I have the whole range of PK itchy/flaky scalp care range and the products aren’t cheap but last me and my fine hair forever so it was a good investment. Unfortunately my scalp reacts to coconut oil/any oils/conditioners put on it…. yesterday I used the shampoo bar as a soap, and the conditioner bar afterwards. At least my hands feel nice and clean and hydrated… I’m one of those people who needs sulfates to get my scalp clean so unfortunately while a really nice idea, these bars are not for my scalp.

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I get what you mean about sulphates, Scarlett. While I don’t get itchiness, I get an aching scalp, if it’s not clean. It sounds like this range is more for dryness, going by your post above with the product info.

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Yes misfortune
        I totally agree. A lot of the dry, curly haired people seem to love the Lush bars, and it seems the same with these. Well it was nice to try them out. I’m still using the shampoo bar as hand soap and the conditioner as a hand/body bar. So it’s not going to waste. They smell way too good to pass on!

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Double post

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

sounds nice!

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Sorry wrong forum, but I can’t find one for this. Did anyone else get on the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion SPF50+ trial team also? Mine just arrived now and I was really surprised! Thanks so much BH! 😊❤

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

That’s lovely to get a surprise in the mail! I’m keen to try Hawaiian Tropic I bet it smells great!

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Congratulations, Scarlett! I expect there’ll be a new thread about it shortly. In the meantime, here’s the old BH Trial Team thread.

I’ve used that before & it’s amazing! The one I used was tinted, so I didn’t need to wear makeup on top of it.

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thanks Misfortune8 and Amazeballs16!!

My pale skin can never get enough sunscreen so I’ll definitely be using this! Currently using Avene so I’m curious to see how this compares

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

No but I have used it before and it’s not too bad, congrats Scarlett

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Oily scalped people, did it cleanse your scalp well enough? I have a problem with a lot of shampoos not removing oil/buildup, and found my HG shampoo by Philip Kingsley itchy/flaky scalp care range… so I’m a bit afraid of these lol

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I think it definitely gives a good clean, at least in my experience with it!

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thanks! I’ll try it during my next hair washing day. I use a lot of bonding products with silicones though, so might have to double wash, first with my usual shampoo, then the bar.

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I love a good sulfate-full wash every now and again. It gets rid of everything!

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I haven’t tried them yet. I have a very oily scalp prone to buildup and itchiness, clogged hair follicles if I don’t use my special shampoo full of sulfates and salicylic acid. I’ve tried 1 Lush bar before, and it didn’t clean my scalp or hair at all. So I’m curious to see how these will go. I’m definitely going to post an honest review though. They smell sooooo good though, that if they don’t end up working for my hair, I’m going to use the shampoo bar as soap/body wash, and the conditioner bar as a body bar lol… I’ve looked it up and they have similar ingredients. Have done this before with the Lush bar and it made a really nice soap 😂🥥🍋🌵💚

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I used mine this morning, was very anxious about using as I have really thick, long hair which is really dry and damaged at the lengths so my hair really needs a good conditioner.. anyways, shampoo bar: lathers up pretty well! Really bubbly foam, cleanses quite well, rinses out easily but quite drying!! Like straw at first. I was very worried about the conditioner bar not being enough to replenish. The conditioner bar: smells amazing, veeeery time consuming for me to get the proper amount of conditioner onto the lengths of my hair (at least 5 minutes alone just trying to get enough on! When your shower does not have much hot water or your in a hurry this can be pain!!) Eventually got enough on, left on for a couple of minutes, rinsed out. Hair still felt a little dry after rinsing and drying, a bit tangled when brushing. When hair was completely dry, actually feels quite nice! Surprisingly! Nice and soft, no residue, not all lank and dry. Soft. First impressions: shampoo bit drying but cleanses well, conditioner is time consuming but evidently it does the job in the end.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.