8 yrs, 10 mths ago

Fonts/Typeface to use on the New Look Forums

A few members have been discovering (accidentally and by experimenting) different fonts (sizes, italics, bold) to use on the forums, as beautyheaven previously listed how to use bold and italics.

As these fonts have been put on a few different forum topics (as they’ve been discovered) I thought it best to put them under the Techie Talk category.

I’ll list the ones so far, and if others could add ones they find. You certainly don’t need to get fancy with you forum posts, but sometimes it’s nice to make something stand out more, such as a members’ name.

Bold font is 2 of * before and after the word/s you want to bold (asterisk asterisk)

Italics is _ before and after the word/s (underscore)

Bold and italics is two **_ before the word and after the word (underscore asterisk asterisk)

Typewriter font 

(this was known as our Sarcastica font at one time)

Type four spaces then type your words

These are the basics but if you want more…..

or if you are looking for

EMOJIS ☺️❤️☺️

Check out the forum by Lucy16 titled Emojis on BH below is the link

http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/forums/techie-talk/emojis-on-bh?page=1#comment-4431385

Huge Bold Font

use a singe # (hashtag) before the first character at the beginning of a new line

Huge Bold Italic

use a # followed by a _ (hashtag underscore) before and after, at the beginning of a new line

the more hashtags you put at the beginning, the smaller the font – I used 6! But it has to be on a new line

and three # (hashtag) will give you a smaller bold font at the beginning of a new line

and of course # followed by the underscore (hashtag underscore) before AND after will give you the bold and italics – I used 4 hashtags for this size#### again at the beginning of a new line

Note that using _ (underscore) in the sentence switches off the italics – which is what happened prior to ####again in the above paragraph!

Thanks to Cherry Blossom and Rose and I know Meedee is having a play around to see if we can change the colour to be other than black and blue – there has to be a pink and a pale blue somewhere!
So if you are feeling creative have a play around on a comment you have already written to change it rather than making a new comment!

227 comments 57 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

I clicked EDIT on one of the pre-2021 update posts I’d made, where I used large print, to see the formatting. It had “h1” within < & > symbols, but my attempts to make new posts with large print got error messages.

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

I noticed that if we edit our posts, they’re not bumped to the top of Latest Activity anymore. That’s good! I don’t have to feel guilty about fixing up my typos!

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

I’ve noticed that I can use some of the new formatting on article comments. I’ve only tried bold & italics.

When we use bold on the forum, the reply box adds strong within a less than < & greater than > symbol before the word & /strong within < & > symbols after the word. If you type this out, you can make members’ usernames in bold on the articles.

For italics, type em & /em within < & > symbols.

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

Failed test to type in blue. 🙁

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

Wow, if only I could remember all this. I think I will just stick to plain old letters and fonts. Maybe one day try something different.

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

I thought at the beginning when I signed in here it showed smiley faces here but now I don’t remember if I just typed the colon,hyphen and bracket like this 🙂 and the smiley pic came up or what now.

Edit Well that worked and now I can see the edit button too.

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

I just had yet another error message when trying to reply to you, Jatz.

If you type a colon, hyphen & bracket to make a smiley, it turns into a smiley after you click Submit; but it shows as a colon, hyphen & bracket on the Latest Activity feed.

I wish our formatting showed there. 🙁

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

emoji

EDIT: Woohoo! Finally worked!!

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

Okay, testing out the image tag again …

EDIT: no luck

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

How to upload a pic onto the forum: At the moment, it’s only possible to upload pics from the internet. We should regain the ability to upload our own pics soon.

• Click img
    This opens a pop-up box that says:

beautyheaven.com.au says
    Enter the URL of the image

• There’s a box underneath that for you to copy/paste or type the URL of the image you wish to upload.
    • Then click the blue OK box underneath that.
    • A new pop-up opens saying:

beautyheaven.com.au says
    Enter a description of the image

I don’t know why we need to do a description. I wrote Smiley.
    • Click the navy blue OK box.

The formatting for your image now appears in the reply box. When you click Submit, your image should upload.

Smiley

• 2 yrs, 6 mths ago

For anyone wondering, B does bold print, I is for italics, Link is to format a hyperlink,

B-Quote is short for blockquote. It indents a quote, like this.

Del is strikethrough, img is to upload a pic. Code does this.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.