16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Foils

does anyone know how often you should get your foils re done?

14 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

In my view foils look like they need to be done straight away because there is that gap between the scalp and the dyed hair – I reckon streaks are the way to go as they don`t look like they need re-doing straight away.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

i have blonde foils now now changing to having them underneath will not look good
    also i have very short air so it will not look as good!

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

6-8 weeks
    but it also depend on the position of the foils and the style. chunky and obvious ones may need touch up more often then fine or messy style. I couldnt be bothered with maintanence so i always tell the hairdresser to leave a layer of my natural colour on top of the foils so when it grows out its not as obvious and i can get away with it for some extra time. by placing the foils on a slant also can give you another weeks leeway. best recommandations from your hairdresser/colourist.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Why don`t you try foils underneath? If you have layered hair, putting some foils a few inches from the crown of your head, or just at the base of the neck. A bit of blonde peeking out under medium brown hair looks fantastic, and you don`t have to worry about regrowth!

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Pipsqueak best thing to do is to have a chat with your hairdresser. Look through magazines and try and find someone with the colour you`re after so your hairdresser can get an even better idea. I`m not brunette but personally I think brunettes look great when they get some caramel streaks through their hair – not too blonde – just a nice creamy colour with lightens the hair up.

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

hey i got my hair coloured a dark brown too, i wanted to go blonde for summer and so i got it done, i got my hair bleached with tips (very low volume, 20 voll of peroxide so it didnt dry my hair out) i love my hair now it has turned into a great mix of colours. .. 😀

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Can anyone help. I had my hair coloured dark during winter (medium brown) and am wanting to lighten it a little. I was thinking of just getting some foils ontop of the colour that is growing out. Maybe a lighter brown or some shade of blonde even. Would colouring ontop of colour thats growing out make my hair look funny?

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

half a head of foils is good as u cant see the regrowth 🙂

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

IMHO get your hair done! 🙂 I always feel sooooo much better when my hair is freshly done, and people really notice your hair, it gives you a real lift… not many people take a lot of notice of nails, except for er, maybe other people with their nails done… lol 🙂

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

i am trying to decide between getting them done this weekend prior to just or getting my nails done!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.