3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Feeling stressed out – how to deal with it?

This pandemic really is a pain in the ass. It brought a LOT of struggles. And I honestly feel those struggles. Since this virus began, I am having lots of problems – daily living, expenses, food, education of our kids, my work, and our health. I am already stressed out and it makes me look old ;(

I know everyone had struggles same as mine – so how did you deal with it? Staying positive is easy to say but requires effort and conviction. And with what is happening everyday, it is not really easy.

I’m exhausted!

8 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I understand how you feel. I browsed the internet for a while till I came across an article about how to deal with stress. I have been practicing this method for a year now, and I can say that I feel much more relaxed and happy. At the end of each working day, light a candle and try to think only of positive things. Choose a candle that has a pleasant scent and that will relax you. This may not completely solve your problem, but it can help you have less stress because candles have a calming effect.

• 3 yrs, 1 mth ago

Some time has passed, but so far nothing has changed. I understand how you feel, there is a lot going on, but it will get easier as we get used to the new regime. I’m sure it will all work out! Take time for yourself.

• 3 yrs, 2 mths ago

take a break, relax, and take a deep breath. list down the things that concern you and list down the possible solution to them.

• 3 yrs, 2 mths ago

Have you looking into meditation? I find it really helps me.

I noticed someone here mentioned psychology sessions. I have EAP (Employee Assistance Program) through my work where you can get free sessions (from memory it is 4 – 6 per year ) with a therapist, either a counsellor or a psychologist.

I normally book into see someone whenever I feel overwhelmed, sometimes it is just great to get a different perspective and speak to someone who doesn’t judge and can provide some tips for you.

Good luck with it! It’s been a difficult year, so you’re not alone with these feelings.

• 3 yrs, 2 mths ago

each one of us has our own struggles, it may be helpful for you to make a list of what you can and cannot control right now. accept the situations you cannot control, and focus on what you can do.

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Hi Hornstint, the forums have been a bit quite over the last few days so therefore some of the BH members out there who can relate 100% to what you are going through have probably not seen this yet. I do have stresses but not the same ie no kids but my family have seen a few cancer related deaths in the family and other family members going through multiple surgeries where we have been kept away due to COVID. I also have work place stresses due to multiple restructures as they try to make ends meet and I know that there will be at least another one in 2021.

Eriberry mentioned professional services which is a good one.

How about looking up mindfulness resources online or via an app? My workplace provided mindfulness sessions hosted by a trained professional.

I have been coping by going on lots of walks whilst listening to music so that I can tune out and not think of items which are causing stress not sure if you have the time to get out to do that.

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Honestly, having psychology sessions was the best thing I’ve ever done for learning to better manage stress. They can be (depending on where you’re located) affordable and accessible at the moment if you have Medicare – it’s usually 10 subsidised sessions per year, but in some parts of the country it is 20 right now with COVID. You can also do it all via telehealth right now too.
    If this isn’t accessible to you, there are heaps of books you can read/listen to about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I would recommend downloading a free trial of an audiobook website so you can listen while you do other stuff – most of my friends with children do this as it’s easier to do while on the go, rather than having the time to sit down and read a book.
    Good luck <3

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

I’m childless, so I haven’t had a lot of those problems. I’ve had the time to catch up on a lot of things around the house, but you sound like you haven’t had much time to yourself. I’ve been using a lot of masks: face & hair. I try to go for walks, too. That’s something you can do with the kids.

I don’t feel like I can help much, hornstint. Anyone?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.