1 month, 1 w ago

Microcurrent face sculpting

Hello Lovelies,

I’m looking to purchase a facial sculpting device and I’m wondering if anyone has experience with them?

Have you used the NuFace Trinity, Foreo Bear or other nifty machine?
If so, what are the pros and cons?

Thanks 🙏🏽 ❤️

27 comments 11 voices

Replies

• 3 wks, 4 days ago

I purchased a Foreo Bear microcurrent device a couple of weeks ago while it was 20% off. I can definitely feel my muscles getting a bit tighter after using it, but I’m not sure I can visually see any difference yet.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

I have a Refa S Carat Ray. If I were diligent with it, I would probably have better results but it is hard to believe it does anything when it is a manual tool. Unlike other sculpting devices which make you think they do something because they have a feature like vibration. I definitely feel like it tones my face a bit and instantly because it grips my skin quite tightly, and it does help depuff.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

I have a nuface. I regret buying it. But only because I do not commit to it. It works but it doesn’t last and you need to keep doing. I’m too busy and can’t be bothered.think about it. As in if you are going to commit otherwise just think about it
    Also if you have Botox be aware it makes it wear off quickly.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Not lately haha!

• 1 month, 1 w ago

You’ve been very busy Rivet!!

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Oh wow Rivet that one sounds amazing! I’ve not used anything in salon – only at home devices. Thanks for the inside info – I didn’t realise you were trained in this sort of thing. Cool! : )

• 1 month, 1 w ago

I did beauty therapy in 2016, but my college went kaput when I got about 2/3 of the way through. Decided to go to uni instead of waiting for a placement at TAFE.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

I don’t find the at home devices give the same level of results as the salon machines, but then again, it could be the ones I got weren’t that great, even though a lot of brands are selling ones with almost the exact same specs as the ones I bought many years ago from eBay or Ali Express. The ones that emit light and vibrate don’t provide the sensation.

I have the Racinne eye one from the RR and it’s not very powerful. It’s basically an eye area massager. It doesn’t lift anything.

I trained in microcurrent when I did beauty therapy, and it definitely has a tingling sensation and often leaves a metallic taste in your mouth when you use them around that area. You also notice your muscles get tight. You have to know facial anatomy to know how to use it correctly.

Anyway, if you can’t use electric modalities or you aren’t getting results, the closest thing I’ve come across that offers similar results is My Perfect Facial (the one from morning tv that I recommend to everyone, not paid to say that, the results are uncanny). It dries down to the point of compressing your face and making your muscles contract. Once you remove it, your muscles relax, but they stay in a lifted position. It also helps with lymphatic drainage because of the compression. Now, it is a cosmetic product, so they can’t make those claims, but it does have that function as a side effect. Does wonders for my moon face haha! Also, it makes your skin so smooth and bright, it glows!

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Hi Rivetlicker,

I was looking at the ingredients and it contains albumen and corn starch. I once did an egg white mask years ago and it did indeed tighten my skin but the effects were transient!

I think I’ll save up for some salon treatments instead of purchasing a device at this point.

Thanks! 😊

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Yeah, it’s basically that, but with algae and other additives like papain for exfoliation. Remember, it’s a professional formulated product, rather than just DIY in the kitchen (which is kinda, just don’t do it, it can do more harm than good or in the best case, nothing at all – just eat the food instead haha!)

Microcurrent is also transient, you have to commit to regular treatments as recommended by the skin therapist to get results, just like with any product. It’s usually 4-6 weekly/fortnightly treatments or something, then one every month for ongoing maintenance.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

How long do the effects last Rivet?

• 1 month, 1 w ago

I notice my face gets fat again after a few days. The lifting action and hydration lasts a few hours, but if you’re doing 1-2 treatments per week, it’s going to become cumulative.

The 10 treatment (salon size) box already pays for itself after the first use (given what the treatment would cost in a salon).

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Haven’t used any of these myself but I read that Melissa Leong from Masterchef loves the NuFace device.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Sorry no help from me.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

I have a foreo ufo and a lumiskin cleansing device with a smooth surface which is good for massaging my face, the cons for these types of devices is finding the time to use them or making the time. I’m either just a bit lazy or tired at night, and aready have an extensive skincare regime.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

I have a Lumiskin (Hana) also. It leaves my skin extremely smooth and I love it. Rarely need to charge it. And I also have the Peppy Co egg which is amazing too. It does the same thing as the Lumiskin except it’s a lot bigger and comes with a little charging dock to sit it in.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.