LorettaPlatinumLoretta
Founding Member
Platinum
14 yrs, 6 mths ago

Eye Makeup Remover

I’m in need of eye makeup remover – I’ve been using Clarins Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, but really don’t want to keep spending that sort of money. Most others cause me a lot of irritation though. Does anyone know of any that are good for really sensitive eyes? I guess if I have to keep spending big, I will, but I’d love some cheaper alternatives. Thanks!

72 comments 32 voices

Replies

• melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

MSCosmetics I use the SAO with just a cotton ball, it is not the most effective of makeup removers but upon saying that it gets enough makeup off as a pre cleanse and my normal cleanser used with a facewasher does the rest, I am more than happy with the results. I have just swaped from SAO to Jojoba at the recommendation of my BT, I am loving that as well 🙂

• 12 yrs, 10 mths ago

I have tried Almond Oil and EVOO and neither of them worked for me.

I am using Avon`s Moisturising Eye Makeup remover at the moment and its just great. Gets of waterproof makeup easily without pulling on the skin.

• MsCosmeticsPlatinumMsCosmetics
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

I`ve used the Clinique `take the day off` makeup remover numerous times before & whilst it does work, it unfortunately leaves a horrible film over my eyes that doesn`t wash out easily. Have vowed not to buy it again. I went back to just using my facial cleanser in the shower but this most often doesn`t remove all my eye makeup.
    I`ve tried the oil cleansing method before, wasn`t too keen on it. I think I need to fiddle with oil amounts more to get the best mix to suit my skin.
    Having now read the +`s for Sweet almond oil – I`m interested in giving it a try for eye makeup removal……what do you use to apply it with? Just cotton swabs?
    Cheers 🙂

• 12 yrs, 10 mths ago

My eyes are extremely sensitive and when I use oil-based makeup removers it leaves a gunky film on my eye, which is probably the leftover residue of the oil. Its pretty hard to remove so I`ve been looking for an oil-free remover and after reading some reviews on MUA, Mary Kays remover looks really nice, if anyone has experience with it, I`d like to know how they found it 🙂

• 12 yrs, 10 mths ago

I got a bottle of the Sweet Almond Oil from my local Priceline. Thank you for recommending it Elmo!! It`s works great and feels so nice!

• ElmoPlatinumElmo
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 11 mths ago

You can also buy it in bulk amounts from:

http://www.newdirections.com.au

• EidolonPlatinumEidolon
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 11 mths ago

HI Audrey, I bought my bottle of 250 ml for around $8 =)

• audrey_hepburn_princessPlatinumAudrey_hepburn_princess
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 11 mths ago

Ive used the nivea visage gentle eye makeup remover and found it was gentle and removed my eye makeup quite well.but id love to try sweet almond oil for eye makeup remover and also as a pre cleanse.is it expensive from a health food store?

• KaynJayPlatinumKaynJay
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 11 mths ago

Thanks mel =]

• melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 11 mths ago

Hi Kay n Jay here is what I posted in the chatting thread.
    I think mine says it is almond oil but like yours in the ingredients it says sweet almond oil. Bitter Almond Oil is completely different the bitter almond oil cannot be used for cosmetics – it contains traces of amygdalin – another form of cyanide. This is however not present in sweet almond oil.
    I don`t think the bitter Almond Oil is readily available in stores so if you purchase a product saying almond oil it will most likely be the sweet almond oil, always check the ingredients to make sure though 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.