15 yrs, 1 mth ago

Everyday Minerals Make-Up

I thought I’ll follow through on the suggestion of starting a thread just for Everyday Minerals.

I tried the blush and concealer today and I’m very pleased. This is my intro to mineral make up, but from reading all the threads by lovely knowledgeable ladies, I think the product was good quality. The powder was incredibly fine with no smell and went on smoothly.

For the blush I opted for the Weekend Getaway and it was a lovely peachy/pink. Very rich in colour and had a very subtle shimmer. The concealer is Intensive Medium and I used this for my under eye circles. It was quite good although I’ll have to use it with another concealer to hide the circles completely. It didn’t irritate the eyes or settle n the corners.

So overall I’m happy with my samples. Will try the foundation when my brushes dry =) Even managed to get my sister to try it.

Anybody else happy with theirs?

1,441 comments 2 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 1 mth ago

Wow! I want to try it too, thanks for sharing

• 10 yrs, 5 mths ago

Definately want to try!

• 10 yrs, 5 mths ago

(and of course rule number 1, just because something is natural doesn`t mean it`s safe. Even cinnamon can cause skin irritation).

Yep, I`ve found out that one the hard way, after using an Inika lipstick (which contains orange oil) & discovering my lips were irritated by it. Strange, considering I`d had a product demonstration done on me 6 months prior (this was last year) to purchase & my skin didn`t react. Now I`ve got to steer clear of anything containing orange oils of any kind…or at the very least, test test test!

• 10 yrs, 5 mths ago

All makeup is mineral makeup. You`ll find the same mineral ingredients — titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, mica, and iron oxides — in conventional products. The only “”difference”” in what brands claim as “”mineral”” is that this makeup has heaps of ingredients left out of it and usually the ones that provide any benefit to the skin. “”mineral products”” is just a placebo to think you`re getting something 100% natural and unique.

Mineral makeup ingredients aren`t simply mined, pulverized, and poured into compacts like brands hype up. I`d like someone to show me a zinc oxide mine. It doesn`t exist. Zinc oxide is synthesized in the lab and nothing natural about it. Titanium dioxide, another mineral makeup mainstay, starts out with natural titanium. But it also undergoes an extraction and purification process in the lab. That`s a good thing because there isn`t any natural source of titanium that`s pure enough to be used in cosmetics. It`s all contaminated with things like mercury and lead. So mineral makeup isn`t as natural and unique as you think.

ACTUALLY….there is a big difference between the big companies like Revlon, Maybelline etc. and brands like Everyday Minerals. That difference is the use of fillers like talc, and preservatives like parabens. These “”more natural”” brands don`t use talc or preservatives like parabens (since it`s powder, it doesn`t need it as long as it is only ingredients like zinc oxide, mica, etc).

You`re right that no brand should be claiming to be 100% natural or organic because minerals are very different. However, the reason that a lot of people prefer mineral makeup is 1) less ingredients 2) you can make it yourself 3) it`s safer. People have far fewer negative reactions to ingredients like zinc, mica, etc. than crazy ingredient names that they can`t pronounce (yes, very few people have reactions to those but it`s obviously enough since there is a big market for mineral makeup).

Just because something has been processed doesn`t mean that it is somehow as safe as ingredients that have been highly processed, mixed with possible carcinogens, irritants, etc.

(and of course rule number 1, just because something is natural doesn`t mean it`s safe. Even cinnamon can cause skin irritation).

• 10 yrs, 5 mths ago

All makeup is mineral makeup. You`ll find the same mineral ingredients — titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, mica, and iron oxides — in conventional products. The only “”difference”” in what brands claim as “”mineral”” is that this makeup has heaps of ingredients left out of it and usually the ones that provide any benefit to the skin. “”mineral products”” is just a placebo to think you`re getting something 100% natural and unique.

Mineral makeup ingredients aren`t simply mined, pulverized, and poured into compacts like brands hype up. I`d like someone to show me a zinc oxide mine. It doesn`t exist. Zinc oxide is synthesized in the lab and nothing natural about it. Titanium dioxide, another mineral makeup mainstay, starts out with natural titanium. But it also undergoes an extraction and purification process in the lab. That`s a good thing because there isn`t any natural source of titanium that`s pure enough to be used in cosmetics. It`s all contaminated with things like mercury and lead. So mineral makeup isn`t as natural and unique as you think.

I think you could probably still make your point successfully without sounding so condescending.

• 10 yrs, 5 mths ago

I just ordered another sample kit, ( this will be my third ) I love the tiny little tubs, Great for travel and they make awesome little pots for mixing powder eyeshadows 🙂 .
    Ive only tried the foundations and blushes from EM I think next order ill do eye shadows instead.

What little tubs? I never got any little tubs 🙁
    I never did try using the foundation wet but I do find that the matte base works better for me and had decent coverage. I`m still working my way through all the samples because I ordered so many!

I really love their eyeshadows , I`d definitely order more (although I still prefer my Ere Perez ones but they`re like 5 times the price)

• 10 yrs, 5 mths ago

I just ordered another sample kit, ( this will be my third ) I love the tiny little tubs, Great for travel and they make awesome little pots for mixing powder eyeshadows 🙂 .
    Ive only tried the foundations and blushes from EM I think next order ill do eye shadows instead.

• 11 yrs, 1 mth ago

Guess what everyone!!! EM are shipping to Aus again!! woohoo
    They have this really interesting new brush for powder, blush and bronzer. It`s japanese style apparently.

Thanks for the heads up, blackmagic. I`m thrilled that they deliver Down Under again! I love their mineral powder foundations. I have a whole bunch of shade samples from them. They had such a wide array of shades that it was mind-boggling. Perhaps that`s why they whittled their range down, to make it easier for the consumer to make a decision.

• 11 yrs, 1 mth ago

I have always loved everyday minerals but their selections are getting smaller and smaller everytime i visit their site. All my favourite colours have been discontinued, ALL of them. the concealers, blushes, base – everything i loved about them has gone 🙁 Most of the things i loved had a `pearlescence` and I guess thats just not popular enough with their market 🙁 I guess i will have to try lumiere.

• 11 yrs, 1 mth ago

I`ve never heard of this brand and just went on their website and it looks interesting and affordable.
    What do you guys recommend for someone new to mineral make up? And how much is shipping?

My suggestion would be don`t go overboard on your first spend. Mineralized make up oxidises awfully on me and I woul have for that to happen to you too!

Ever tried applying wet to get your right colour ? I think that will give you the shade once it oxidises and you might have better luck ??

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.