15 yrs, 8 mths ago

Ear Candling

Hi, was wondering if anyone has tried ear candling. What was experience like? and did it help?

43 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 9 yrs, 10 mths ago

I mentioned it in passing to my Dr last visit and was sternly warned never to do it again. Ahh well, more money for other spa treatments!

• 11 yrs, 5 mths ago

Being science nerds my fiancé and I experimented with this. The gunk in the candle is candle wax. The warmth might soften the wax in your ears slightly but it doesn`t draw it out – better results can be had with waxsol drops and something like audiclean.

• Bronze
    11 yrs, 5 mths ago

Yes i agree to a point, i think the wax comes out, from heat and the your little muscles in your ears that draws the wax to outer ear. We use the Bodyzest Australia ear candles they seem to work the best, they are a low wax candle with a good filter, you can find them at http://www.bodyzest.com.au/ hope this helps!!

Ladies read this!: http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/health/earcandle/index.html

“”Many of the proponents, they cut open the candle and they show you this incredible amount of wax. What they don`t show you is that if you don`t put it into the ear, and you still light it on fire and you open it up, it looks the exact same.

“”All the junk that`s in the candle is simply the beeswax and the residue,”” says Fox. “”It`s not human ear wax.””

• 14 yrs, 5 mths ago

It`s nothing to be scared of. It`s actually really relaxing I find. As long as you have someone to help you.

• 14 yrs, 5 mths ago

i really want to try this, but i`m scared.

• 14 yrs, 7 mths ago

They prety much stick a special candle in your ear and light the end of it.

Google it and you`ll come up with some good articles that support it and others that simply shoot it down. This is one of those things where you either believe it or you don`t.

• 14 yrs, 7 mths ago

sounds great but what is the porcess of actually doing ear-cadenling

• 14 yrs, 7 mths ago

i`ll leave it to my doctor, i`d give myself an ear infection

• 14 yrs, 7 mths ago

I love ear candling. It`s so relaxing and it doesn`t smell bad at all. I do think though that you need someone to help you do it as it`s a bit tricky by yourself. My ears feel so much better afterwards and my head feels clearer as well!

• 14 yrs, 8 mths ago

I am so glad to have stumbled across this thread! I`ve been wanting to try ear candling for ages just to clean out my ears but I hadn`t even thought of the sinus-clearing possibilities and if it can actually reduce circles under my eyes then I`m definitely going to give it a go. I think I`ll definitely get a professional to do it though.

Tops info girls, thanks for all your wisdom.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.