2 months, 2 wks ago

Dry skin in the Northern Territory

I was so lucky to get a 2 week holiday in the Northern Territory a couple of month ago. We had the best time even though the campervan we hired was a bit of challenge and took a bit of getting used to. But what I wanted to say was that all of suffered so from dry skin. Really, really badly. My legs and hands were quite rough. The problem was that we only noticed once they started getting bad. Once we noticed we applied body and hand cream at least twice a day and if possible more often. I could not believe and wonder how people who live there manage. Are they just used the dryness?

12 comments 9 voices

Replies

• 2 months ago

When I lived there I never needed moisturiser my skin was so good because of the humidity. In saying that if I had to spend a lot of time in the air conditioner which you may of in NT then that can dry the skin. Look for something that is super hydrating like rosehip. Lush do a really nice cream called charity pot. It smells amazing iv been using it on my face because my skins so dry now that I’m back in Perth.

• 2 months, 1 w ago

They love my skin

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

It might have been the water too Normap hard water can make your skin dry.

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

It would the mosquitoes and sandflies that would bother me most. They love my skin.

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

I love Cairns but the heat is too much for me -Amazing place

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

I remember when I holidayed in the NT a long time ago, I kept getting nose bleeds. Not sure if it was from the dry weather.
    I’ve found Cetaphil moisturising cream has been great for my skin during this past winter.

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

Yes I agree with the your choice and there are lots of others that are good as well.

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

I lived in Alice springs for a few years before coming to Perth. You sweat A LOT in summer, it’s so humid my skin didn’t dry out, that’s the wet season. In winter with the colder and drier weather my skin felt a bit dry. My skin changes a lot with the seasons no matter where I live but I adjust my skincare routine to suit it.

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

I agree that more attention is needed in the colder weather and find I also more body lotion in the winter.

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

Hi Normap, which part of NT did you visit? There are some very humid areas. I can’t handle dry heat and have issue with a lot of South Australia which is my Dad’s heart and home, and also a lot of Victoria.

• 2 months, 2 wks ago

Hi Lucy16, We flew into Alice and travelled around the West MacDonald ranges and then went to Kings Canyon and Uluru.. All the touristy things.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.