16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Dry Hands

I have a massive dry hands problem. I’m not to sure what caused it exactly but they are peeling. I’ve just moved house and thought that maybe they could have been iratated by all the cleaning products i was using, i stoped any contact with cleaning products and have been really careful and been using all sorts of hand creams to get rid of it but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help me, i don’t know what else to use.

AMZ

11 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I have trouble with cracked and peeling hands and use Akin hand and nail cream. It is fantastic and smells good too.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

Body Shop Hemp handcream is fantastic, don`t know how you`d go if your hands are bad enough to be peeling though? The SA`s in the Body Shop are normally pretty good letting you try things out…maybe test and see how you go. Could be irritating if the skin is open at all.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Are you drinking enough water each day? Good hydration can help the skin repair quicker. Also, try moisturisers with VitE and/or jojoba oil.
    I have 1 dry finger (just one!) which does what your hands do, and yesterday I asked a pharmacist for some samples of anything that could help – they gave me some QV lotion and bath oil. Try see what they can do for you. Or if nothing works, see a Dermatologist for personal advice – I will do this next month if nothign has worked by then.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Formula is very good.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I had a similar situation. I had to wear cotton gloves under the latex / rubber ones cause they were irritated by this. Of an evening I would (and still do) apply l`occitane shea butter hand cream – i swear by this!

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

You could also be getting an allergic reaction to the normal soap you use, or shampoo that your hands come in contact with. It might pay to get your hands checked out by a doctor and get some medicinal cream.

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thanks for the help everyone. Unfortunately nothing yet has worked. I don`t really know what to do, I `ve stayed away from all cleaning products even palmed off the washing up to my boyfriend (just in case the washing up liquid irratated my skin any more). They`re not peeling as bad but look as if they are bubbling, they have a skattered light blister look. I guess i`ve had a allergic reaction to something. I will have to just keep looking for the right product for me.

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

I came across this once:
    slather thick, generous amounts of handcream, cover with gloves. Sleep.
    Wake up to a nice pair of hands.
    But of course.. try to wear gloves whenever possible come on, they are cheap
    try to put cream on everytime after you touch a detergent.
    cheap things like sorbelene and aqueous cream actually works.

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

I always wear gloves when cleaning – sorry to be girlie, but all those harsh chemicals really irritate my skin, make the skin peel crack and bleed… Mirenesse make the BEST hand cream ever! It has won several awards and often appears in the glossies/newspapers because it is an award winner and the best hand cream/balm. It is around $30 a tube, but lasts ages, you only need a tiny bit and really only need to apply once a day. I also apply before going to bed. It is infused with Australian natural botanicals and has a lovely citrus/orange scent. Phone or email the company, I`m sure they would send out samples if you ask… 🙂

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

I use a hand and nail moisture mask,
    from beauty suppliers,
    “”natural look aromatherapy with lavender,almond oil and chamomile,
    it goes on thickly and feels quite nice, when rinsed off leaves hands soft and
    well moisturized.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.