16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Dry Flaky Skin

I have very dry and flaky skin on my fingers. Does anyone know of any good products I can use?

15 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs ago

As beautygal said, pawpaw ointment! I sometimes use it on my hands, it all natural and moisturises nicely.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Excellent ill give it a go… Gotta love versitle products that can be used for 1 million and 1 things…

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I know Myer sell Trilogy and some pharmacies – I don`t think I have seen it at priceline. Maybe google Trilogy? It was about $17 but it will last for ages. I am about to get their moisturiser too – I have tested it and it`s soo nice.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

GG – Where can I get the Everything Balm? Can i find it in priceline and Chemists (the usual places)??

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Try Trilogy Everything Balm – it`s completely natural (you`ll know what every ingredient is) and its SO moisturising. You can use it everywhere – its a great cuticle cream. Although Vaseline is popular it is made from petroleum, its not so much as a moisturiser but a moisture barrier. I prefer natural products anyway.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

the best thing i have found for any dryness is simply vasoline its gentle enough for every body part eg lips , knees, face whatever the problem as i should know i suffer from extremely sensitive skin and psoriasis which is a hereditory skin condition also sorboline helps too and put cornflour in the bath to releive any iching or even milk powder as a moistoriser. Baby products are good too as they have the same PH as babys so its gentle on skin hope any of this helps

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I`d give them a good scrub, and then slather on moisturiser before bed. Try this for about a week, up your water intake, and if it doesn`t seem to improve, go to a doctor.
    xx

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

What sort of work do you do with your hands? Could you be exposing them to anything that could be causing excessive dryness (dishwashing liquid etc). When I worked in hospitality and was always washing my hands etc I would use Avon Silicon Glove hand cream. It creates a barrier which really keeps your skin soft and your nails strong.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

i get flakey spots on my neck at random times. no amount of moisturiser does anything at all. they just appear and dissappear whenever. any clue as to what it is? and how to fix it (duh)?

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

It sounds like a contact dermatitis. Try a mild quartizone cream such as egos dermaid and use michaels olivera wash and cream with olive oil to revive moisture content

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.