2 yrs ago

Does your self confidence dip during winter? We’ve love to hear from you.

Hi beauty’s,

Does your self confidence dip during the winter months?

If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear if this happens for you and your thoughts around why you think it happens.

Thanks,
bh’s Laura

27 comments 23 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 1 mth ago

I think my confidence decreases in Summer rather than Winter. During winter you can eat all the comfort foods while being snug in a blanket wearing baggy hoodies but in winter, that’s when the singlets come out and i don’t like showing my arms because of my strawberry skin.

I love winter fashion, i love the scarves, i love layering and creating different looks however when it comes to summer i feel like fashion is always the same and i just dont feel that great.

• 1 yr, 2 mths ago

I’ve previously reported @Spencer52421 for spam.

• 1 yr, 2 mths ago

Stress and difficult life events, such as serious illness or a bereavement, can have a negative effect on self-esteem. Personality can also play a part. Some people are just more prone to negative thinking, while others set impossibly high standards for themselves PointClickCare CNA

• 1 yr, 3 mths ago

I’d say yes. Though I am slim and fit in nature, My skin turns dry and chapped. It affected my appearance and drops my self-confidence too. Then, I found the best way to treat my skin with moisturizing cream.

• 1 yr, 5 mths ago

I’d say yes. I have some extra weight and in winter I feel even bigger. This year I decided to change myself and want to start doing exercises. I found this guide https://betterme.world/articles/workouts-for-obese-beginners/ and think it’ll be perfect for the beginning.

• 1 yr, 5 mths ago

Hello! I make it a point to look for joy in the most little of occurrences. I am aware that everyone says that, and although that is not always the case, one need to make an effort at the very least. We are living in these difficult circumstances; we are unable to go out as much; life may seem repetitive at times; yet, I strive to derive as much enjoyment as I can from these moments as well. To give you an example, the things that make me the happiest are nice food and clothes like https://juicewrldmerch999.shop/. A delicious serving of pasta, a warm box of pizza, and a wonderful cup of coffee all served at the same time. These little things actually brighten my day.

• 2 yrs ago

My self confidence doesn’t dip during winter. I think it dips during summer because I don’t really like to show too much skin. I much prefer winter clothing like coats, jackets, jumpers and cardigans.

• 2 yrs ago

I don’t think my self confidence changes from season to season.But my mood is affected by the seasons. I love winter clothes as they are cosy and include lovely shapes like coats and tall boots. There are great things to do in winter like have red wine around a warm fire. But after a few weeks, the gloom of winter starts to wear you down. And you crave some sunny weather again.

• 2 yrs ago

I think it’s more of an issue with mood. I don’t mind winter. I do however tend to get depressed when it’s the depths of Winter and I don’t see the sun for a few days. As long as I get a reasonable night’s sleep and go for regular walks I feel ok. In Summer I feel very agitated, especially when humidity is high and I can’t sleep.

• 2 yrs ago

Another vote for boots from me! If it’s boots weather, I’m happy!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.