10 yrs, 1 mth ago

Does anyone know what is going on at the beauty section in Kmart?

I’ve heard rumours that Kmart is going to be getting new makeup lines in and that is why they did a huge sale on all of their makeup. Has anyone else heard this or can confirm? p.s I heard that one of their makeup lines coming is ELF!!

29 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 10 mths ago

Went to kmart and saw some makeup still.

• 9 yrs, 10 mths ago

my local is always well stocked now. before it was really crappy with no stock of anything, but lately it’s been looking really great with some nifty nail polish sets and and really good stocks of the better brands like ELF which i’ve bought a few things from 🙂 loving the new kmart makeup section great for a quick cheap fix!

• 9 yrs, 10 mths ago

Its been a couple of months now since Kmart revamped and I’m curious what people think of it. I know the change was to help with shop lifting, but I wonder if it was worth it. I find with limited range and no testers I haven’t bought a single cosmetic items from Kmart since the change as before I would often find myself buying a lot of things I never planned. I find I just don’t look at the beauty section anymore when I’m in there.

Apart from elf, nothing seems to be disappearing from the shelves and I wonder how much of a loss its been to Kmart. Is anyone else the same and simply not buying beauty from Kmart any more?

I haven’t bought any of the usual brands I buy from kmart that I used to as I can’t test unless I have tried them in the past and know it’s my shade. I go to priceline over kmart any day unless kmart have a sale on. Priceline hhave way more sales.

But since the new home brand kmart makeup is so cheap I’ve been buying it. I’ve bought several lipsticks and lip crayons. The colour range is very minimal so now I pretty much have all the lippy I want in the range.

The lip crayons I bought stain lips and true to colour. They are great products. I was surprised.

• Bronze
    9 yrs, 10 mths ago

I recently purchased the Kmart branded compact “creme to powder” foundation for $8. It goes on very nicely, does cake a little bit, but has good colour that is not pinkish BUT….. after about a week of usage, my skin is starting to become roughened and sensitive… so I don’t recommend this product despite it looking quite nice!

• 9 yrs, 10 mths ago

Its been a couple of months now since Kmart revamped and I’m curious what people think of it. I know the change was to help with shop lifting, but I wonder if it was worth it. I find with limited range and no testers I haven’t bought a single cosmetic items from Kmart since the change as before I would often find myself buying a lot of things I never planned. I find I just don’t look at the beauty section anymore when I’m in there.

Apart from elf, nothing seems to be disappearing from the shelves and I wonder how much of a loss its been to Kmart. Is anyone else the same and simply not buying beauty from Kmart any more?

• 9 yrs, 10 mths ago

I just wanted to say I’m super impressed with kmart home brand makeup. I tried two lipsticks kn different finishes and a lip crayon. They are good quality. The lip crayon is my favourite. I’ll post some swatches later today. I really didn’t expect it. I’m going back to grab some more when I can!

• 10 yrs ago

I LOVE e.l.f! I bought some from iherb and ikatehouse and am soooo excited they are coming back to Australia!
    I actually just went to my local kmart (Canberra) and it wasn’t there! Though they have completely refreshed the look of the makeup area. Looks really good!
    I did see the “eyes lips nail and face” Kmart local brand and I bought their pressed powder but I haven’t really used it yet. Can’t wait to get more products and try them out!

• 10 yrs, 1 mth ago

They are getting rid of well known name higher price brands and are replacing them with cheaper brands like E.L.F I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the whole mac vs target where they had counterfeit products or not but E.L.F products are just as good as high end products some are even better

I 100% agree! Most of them time they are all made in the same factory anyway! I love Elf and constantly rave about them on my channel 🙂

I can’t wait to do a similar video to this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48qQYFzrkA0&list=UUnms6S066FLJaN9CErvraOA&feature=c4-overview where I talk about BOE Beauty makeup which is Big Ws home brand make up! As I have heard Kmart is coming out with home brand make up too! So I am very excited to try and review that for my viewers and subscribers!

Has anyone seen any of the Kmart home brand make up yet at their kmart stores?

xx

• 10 yrs, 1 mth ago

They are getting rid of well known name higher price brands and are replacing them with cheaper brands like E.L.F I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the whole mac vs target where they had counterfeit products or not but E.L.F products are just as good as high end products some are even better

• 10 yrs, 1 mth ago

I didn’t know Starlet was still being made – showing my age here, but I remember when Coles had a range of Department stores & my Mum always buying a particular lippie they made. I’ve not seen it (from memory) in years

My nana never really wore make up, except for lipstick. The only one she would use was a pink Starlet one. She had multiples of it, but never ever purchased any other colours.

My very first mascara was a Starlet brand. My Aunty gave it to me for Christmas, I was about 13. Obviously it didn’t agree with me, cos all my bottom eyelashes fell out!

Lol! I remember Starlet brand too from Coles Department store in Newcastle.
    Must have been the first makeup I ever bought. Very limited choice of makeup back in the 70’s and not much in the cheaper range – my my, how times have changed – for the better!

Yes the rumours are 100% true, KMART is stocking Elf but I do still think it will be cheaper for us in Australia to order from places like iherb or just from the Elf website! Super excited to see what happens though and I am defiantly going to be a video on it on my Youtube channel: maddieslifestyle

Let me know if anyone has tried any of Kmarts new home brand make up as well 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.