15 yrs, 10 mths ago

DINNER BLUES

I find the daily cooking of the evening meal such a drag! I cook the same meals week after week and really have to drag myself into the kitchen to cook each night. I am so bored and uninspired by our meals!!!! I’m fine cooking for guests and can put on a nice meal but daily cooking is another story. Does anyone else get this way? Any ideas for quick healthy weekday meals for a family? Thought we could share our staple faves with each other for inspiration!!! PLEASSSSE????

5,051 comments 216 voices

Replies

• 5 yrs, 2 mths ago

bumping this thread again!

Tonight will feed the boys chicken pesto pasta with some deconstructed salad to the side, they all eat different veg and don`t like it mixed argh!

Anyway struggling big time to find some new inspiration, meal planning is the worst, hoping for some new ideas 😉

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

After hubby had bought that huge roast which gave us 2 roasts…tonight, it was chop the meat all up, add grated carrot and peas, onion, seasoning and putting mashed potato on top. My mum`s version of Shepherd`s Pie. Enough to have tomorrow night also.

Wow that mammoth lamb has certainly gone a long way.

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

Tonight we had pork chops, wedges and a combo of fried zucchini and cherry tomatoes.

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

Your dinner sounds so yumm Indie!!! I love the slow cooker too! My fav is a big spaghetti sauce with sausage and mince and lots of garlic! I could eat that for days! Haha but last night we got sushi! So much sushi! Haha when I order the lady always laughs and asks if it is me. I may have a sushi problem

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

Yes, not seen this thread in a long time. Good find PrettyP.

Now that sounds really yummy Indie – it too love scalloped potatoes. I love using the slow cooker also.

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

I`ve been using the slow cooker a lot lately. Today a sliced potatoes thinly and placed them in the bottom of the slow cooker then placed some lamb chops on top. I`ll be making a sauce using cream of chicken soup so it will be like a scalloped potato dish, will also add some veg as a side

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

Wow, I had forgotten about this thread. Good find, PP

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

Ooh that does sound good beautyO

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

Always up for inspiration:-) tonight I`m making stuffed zucchini`s in a tomato based soup. It`s stuffed with rice and mince. If you want to keep in vegan you can use nuts instead or use quinoa instead of rice 🙂

• 6 yrs, 9 mths ago

With all the dinner talk in the chatting thread, I was going to revive this, I`m shocked that the last post was almost 5 years ago though!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.