8 yrs ago

Daylight Savings Reminder!

EDITED

If you’re in NSW, Victoria, Tassie, SA or ACT, get ready to put clocks BACKWARD an hour on Saturday night/Sunday morning! At 3am, wind the clock BACKWARD to 2am 7 April 2024, or do it before you go to bed Saturday night.

As I always say, it takes me six months to get over this!

For non-Sydneysiders, this is the gorgeous water clock at Hornsby.

50 comments 25 voices

Replies

• 1 w, 5 days ago

I just realised it’s that time again.

• 6 mths, 3 wks ago

Bump!

It’s that time again – wind your clocks FORWARD tonight!

• 2 yrs ago

BUMP!

I meant to remind everyone a few days ago, but I forgot. For those in states that observe daylight savings, it’s OVER for another 6 months! Reset your clocks on Saturday night. An hour extra sleep! Yay!

OP has been edited with the correct information.

• 3 yrs ago

Guess who got caught! I just got up an hour early to go to a family picnic & was about to walk out the door. My OP has been edited for anyone who wasn’t aware that daylight savings ended last night.

• 3 yrs, 6 mths ago

where would we be without you misfortune8

• 3 yrs, 6 mths ago

Wow that’s come round quickly, didn’t even think about it because I live in Qld.

• 3 yrs, 6 mths ago

Bump!

It’s on again – the time of year I hate the most! Daylight savings comes in for everyone except Banana Benders, Top Enders & Sandgropers.

My opening post has been edited with the correct details for this weekend.

• 4 yrs ago

BUMP!

It’s this weekend, folks!

For the few who are still working, you don’t want to front up an hour early! For the rest of us, it doesn’t make a whole lot of difference. I hate turning my clock forward every October & look forward to putting it back in April, but this year, it doesn’t make much difference.

My opening post has been edited with the correct details.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Wish we had daylight saving, I live in Qld. Totally forgot about it until I saw something about it on the news last night.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

That clock brings me back so many memories!!

When we first arrived in Australia we got a photo there.
    Thanks for the reminder!!
    Now it won’t be so bright at 5am!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.