2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Covid

Yes I know that this subject has been going on for a long time but I just had to say that I think it is time for us all to be getting on with it. I live in WA and must say we are hearing about more and more people who have caught it, but also not so many in hospital which I think is the important thing.

25 comments 14 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 6 mths ago

I was very afraid of covid as my son is diabetic and it could cause a lot of complications. He didn’t contact anyone for a long time, but he still caught it. It turned out to be not so bad, but now we should take more meds, such as this one https://www.canadapharmacy.com/products/victoza to lower his blood sugar level.

• 2 yrs ago

I was very scared of contracting Covid until my entire family (including my 4years old) contracted it, I feel its something that we now have to live with. All we can do is take precautions, get the vaccine (including boosters), wear a mask (even though its non-mandatory now) and keep ourselves healthy so that, in case we contract it, our body is healthy enough to fight it.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Yes, covid needs to be stopped being treated as it has been, this country and the world has been ripped apart because of it and the measurements taken.

Breaks my heart reading comments here. Just to shed a little light on some reactions to the vax. We have lost 5 family members that all had the vax, since September last, the most recent, was one of my sisters last month, who died from a stroke just after her booster. Now my daughter is critical after having her first jab. I hate these poisonous jabs. Years gone by, if only some people (can’t put a number on it) died from a vax, they would pull that vax, but not with these ones, I have lost understanding of any of it.

• 2 yrs ago

Im with you.
      Hubby had 1, heart pain and headaches ever since
      Mother inlaws booster left her left side numb for a day
      The guy who installed my solar almost collapsed on our roof after his 2nd
      I had to call ambos for my neighbor who felt like she having a heart attack from her 2nd
      I wont have it and we wont allow our 12 yr old to have it
      Ive worked in a supermarket and a servo across SA and Qld, changed nothing about my behavior and not once though id caught it, even when many local cases at my Qld job. Yes i was mandated out, essentially cos i wont partake in a trial and i have a needle phobia thats deemed dangerous for myself and others – yet i cant get an exemption either

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

I can’t wait to get a booster. Not old enough yet. Got my Flu jab this week.

• Yeh @cityglenda I will be getting my flu jab this year too – as the experts are commenting that since our borders have re-opened, the flu could be a big one in Australia this year. I’ll be getting that toward the end of April as well.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

So glad I could go ahead and get my 4th booster today! Government finally saying okay to go ahead like Israel and get a fourth. I am immunocompromised and have a year 12 student in the house (with many notifications from the school about cases all term one, plus I have two other daughters 21 and 24 and they are very active in their social circles and with uni, work, friends, family connections etc) plus hubby back in the office a few days a week etc etc and until today it was only allowed for the severely immunocompromised but now is available for over 50 if indiginous/immunocompromise/over 65. I really needed to get it for protection.

Apparently the rest of the population will be allowed to have it too once all this initial group has had it.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Thanks great news @Clearcrystalwater and apparently the over 65 cohort can have a 2nd booster from next month. I’m really happy about that as my mum is in that group and has a number of underlying medical issues that make her high risk but not immunocompromised.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Thanks Rinny! Yes relieved because of busy interactive family! I beleive from the article that your mum can actually get it from today too like me as she would be over 65?

I needed to look out for myself and get that fourth dose/second booster as soon as the government made it elligible. It would have been great though if they had been a bit quicker! ; ) because it’s been nearly 6 months since my last booster which was in mid October.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Here you go Rinny, here is the latest from the ABC:

ATAGI is set to recommend a “winter” jab for some of the most vulnerable Australians ahead of a feared surge in cases as the weather cools down.

People eligible for the fourth dose will include:

* People aged 65 and over
        * Indigenous people 50 and over
        * Immunocompromised people
        * Aged and disability care residents

Australia changed its definition of “fully vaccinated” against COVID to require three doses of a vaccine in February — but health authorities are eager to move away from “numbered” doses and make this “winter” jab more akin to receiving a seasonal flu vaccine.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Thanks for linking the article, I’ll share it with my mum. She’ll be so pleased 🙂

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Someone in my extended family has it now. She is okay, it seems everyone knows someone who has it or has had it. I wear my mask to kids outdoor sport and it seems I’m the only parent that does that! I do my own exercise indoors and we need to be double vaccinated to attend. It’s a strange world.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

I’ve been lucky enough to avoid Covid so far but I do take it seriously.

• 2 yrs ago

I spoke too soon. The three of us are now in isolation with Covid. This is despite us all being triple vaccinated, being careful with washing hands and wearing masks when it is not mandated.
      I can’t help but think how much worse it would have been if we were not vaccinated. At least we don’t need a hospital and not as bad as some poor people are.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

It does feel like people are ready to move on and try to forget about COVID but it just keeps rearing it’s ugly head.

Totally agree, there are multiple locations online where we can discuss COVID and not come to bh for those discussions.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

I thought this topic was banned on bh?

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

I am surprised to see a Covid post on this website, see enough of it everywhere else, wouldn’t think we need it here.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

@CCR I just want to move away from covid topics. Yes you are correct that a thread on covid was closed.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Not that i know of @Clearcrystalwater but it’s easy to miss comments on here.

I think there was a forum that got a bit heated and was closed?

bh might have reminded members of the need to be friendly and kind with their thoughts and comments.

Plenty of other social media platforms are out there for anyone who wants to incite anger – nothing to see here.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

I think you’re right Kassalee about the comments being closed on that topic discussion last year. It seems to be the one topic that gets people razed up and to be honest after 2 years of it me and many others are over it and just want to talk about other things.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

@Kassalee yes there was some thread closed due to people going on about covid and who hasn’t had their vacs etc. I saw it but just chuffed off from it as it did get quite nasty in there. BH shut down the thread and more or less said to not talk about covid on here as this thread that Normap started could or could not start up the wrong comments again.

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Yes I agree -I live in NZ and I think we have all had our choice whether or not to get vaccinated and there is only so long you can spend time isolating and life has to proceed at some point . You can still take personal precautions ie mask,handwashing etc

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

I suppose it depends on how we call a ‘choice’ to get the vax, if one is told they will not have their job if they are not vaccinated, really leaves no true choice.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.