16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Covering up a hangover

Being young and stupid i guess. i go out alot and i tend to get hangovers easy and everyone can tell when i have one because i always look horrible all day. anybody got any sugestions on how i can detox quickly or cover up my hangover face. ive tried facial maskes and some verry strange home remidies (Guys thinking my stomach can handle their revolting hangover quers need i say more) and seeing as ausrtalia day is tomorrow im gonna need all the help i can get for sunday morning 🙂

35 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thank you for this advice very important

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

ha ha ha lol i love it. i just read the one about hair of the dog from krzibch. tried that one and it not so good. my bf dose it. yuk.
    oh and princess75 you soo cute. i used to be that bad too. bucket and pain killers next to my bed and my phone under my pillow so when im too sic to get up i can call my friend who lived up the road to bring me take away and bacon.mind you it was only like 3 years ago for me.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

glad we could help rhijayne and that you had a great aussie day. that is what this site is for, sharing our ideas and helping each other out. you know back in the day, when I was a huge party freak I used to keep a packet of plain water crackers, a super sucker cup filled with green cordial and a bucket next to my bed, that way if I threw up before I could open my eyes I had some sustinance. heheh yuk.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

well my aussie day was off the wall and i used some of yor tips i had like 3 cold showers and i put the spoons in the fridge b4 i went out. and not one person said to me that i looked like i was beating off a hang over. thanks girls. and id like to just add that im not on this site just for the free gifts.i like to chat to people about my makeup problems and give my own advise to others who need it. its not all that fair saying we all do it for the free shuff. i wasnt offended by the too many posts but i am offended by the remark about the points. we all seem to be doing alright as princess 75 said having got the most points and still visits.
    thanks to all who gave the advise. please keep em comin too. heaps more party nights ahead 🙂

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

We weren`t actually ganging up on you foshizzle. We are entitled to vent about something we consider to be rude or comprimising to the well being of this site. We are not all in it for the freebies either, this is pretty clear by the amount of posts some members have despite having earned maximum points in the forums and the number of turquoise members who have achieved all the `freebies` they can but still contribute (B.0, GG, gemini69, Glamourcat) just to say a few. Most of us come here because we are pretty well obsessed with anything girly, prissy, pretty, beauty inspired.
    So, with that being said, welcome to the BH community. I hope you enjoy it for all the right reasons. 🙂

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I don`t think anyone is trying to gang up on you foshizzle. If you do find that your post appears several times you can edit the post and on the right hand side there is an option to delete your post if you wish. The system has slowed down on me at times and I`ve clicked save more than once.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

OMG can everyone stop ganging up on me. there is something wrong with my computer i didnt even get extra points. my computer is stuffed up and it does it automatically. besides the only reason people do this is to get the free stuff so i dont know why your judging me take a look at urselves!!

k

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

guys i think we need to give foshizzle a break. seriously it`s not our place to say how many times she wants to post a reply. we shouldn`t be abusing this poor girl – it probably makes her not want to come back to this site.
    =[

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Can I just add, after a night of drinking your blood sugars will be all out of wack, so it is really important to eat something! Bacon and eggs usually works, or even something healthy – like a banana smoothie. Whatever – just eat something. I have never had a hair of the dog as when I am hungover the last thing on my mind is more grog – even the thought of it makes me want to puke – but agreed – works for some. I have found now that I don`t get hungover anymore – yay for me! Maybe I just don`t drink like I use too! ha ha!

• Bronze
    16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I don`t really think there`s any good cure for a hangover. Some people think `hair of the dog` is the best way. For those who don`t know the term, it means to start drinking again but you slow down not top up!!! A hangover is a few things. Withdrawal from the drug – alcohol, dehydration or at worse alcohol poisoning. So, if you are withdrawing `hair of the dog` i spose would be the way to go. Fatty foods to soak up all the alcohol is another. Then there is endless egg recipes ect ect. I guess everyone is different. Body responds to different things. I couldn`t agree more with getting the water in to you or try powerade and stuff like that. Easier said than done though when you`re out having a fantastic time. I have got to be a grouch though and say prevention is better than cure!

As for the repetitive “”I AGREE WITH ABOVE”” -( if it`s deliberate – and I believe it was) Yes it`s stupid yes it`s annoying but hey lets ignore it cos otherwise these forums will get nasty and thats not what we want right?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.