8 yrs, 7 mths ago

Contact misfortune8 here!

We don’t have pm-ing so…the best solution I could come up with has been posted here: http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/forums/talkback/personal-messages-via-the-forum-suggestion?

• If you wanted to ask me something about a review I’ve written;
  • If you want to respond to a comment I made on an article;
  • If you wanted to ask me something about a forum post I’ve made & you can’t remember which thread it was on;
  • If you made a comment on the forum & I haven’t answered you (I probably haven’t seen it);

Look for me by username on the search bar, this thread will show in the results. Post your question here & I’ll get a notification in my Messages.

Start your own thread containing your username & post the link here, so you’ll get a notification in your Messages when I respond.

(Hint: if you start a thread containing your username, every forumite will be able to find it on the search bar.)

I’ll delete this thread, or allow it to fall into disuse if we ever get proper pm-ing.

Remember: this isn’t “private” messaging. Every forumite & lurker can see what you post here.

85 comments 25 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I bookmarked the forumites favourite threads on my browser page and I’m sure I accessed it about a month or so ago but now its coming up with no page found!

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Okatko: it’s back in moderation! [Cue eye roll]

Which thread did you want? I can post the link here. I’ve got to email Bh about a few things, but I’ve been putting it off because I’ve been too frustrated.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I’ve forgotten now 🤣

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

Hahaha @Okatko!

Luckily, I can still see it. I just tried to reply with a list of the thread names without the links, but my comment isn’t even showing under “This week”!

Instead of sending a 5th email, I’ve used the new form on the “Contact us” page, so hopefully, it’ll get restored soon.

Here’s the list without the links. Tell me which one you want & I’ll try to post that one link in a reply.

image host

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

@misfortune well lets hope this new d*** you are getting helps 🙂

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

It will take 1-3 months to take effect & there are several potential side effects & possible interactions with two of my current medications, but I’m hopeful.

I went shopping & bought some nectarines. I got home & realised I forgot to get green apples – damn!

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

@misfortune – hope you get to see this but in a New Idea magazine I read last week they give an idea to easy migraines. Whether it works I have no idea as (touch wood) not had one for a few months here. They say SNIFF AN APPLE. Article says “Nip a pounding head in the bud by snacking on a green apple. A US study on migraine sufferers found the smell of green apples cut the severity and duration of headache pain. Experts say it could be because the fresh scent reduces muscle contractions, which can prompt migraines. Not a fan of green apples? Try burning a similar-scented candle for pain-reducing effects.”

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Green apples, eh? I haven’t heard that – thanks @Jatz! I’m trying a new d-r-u-g when I see the doc on Monday, so fingers crossed!

(D-r-u-g is one of the forum’s moderation trigger words)

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

@Misfortune8, how did you manage to tag with @ successfully people who have BH name in separate words (for example saw you did this with @Shop A Everyday). I can’t and have tried couple of things. Help!

Thank you 🙂

Oh, and can not wait to see photo of your RR parcels! My gosh, hope all that we ordered is in stock and no hickups. Loved this format of shopping, even though products were on separate pages if having too many on wishlist. I know that some need selection for sizing and points, but for me it was super easy to tick and add to chart everything I wanted all at once, as I have simple one sized products to get and got no makeup/haircolours. This means speedy shopping , less chance to miss out on goodies which are very low stock.

Did you notice point delay update on our profiles? It will get chaotic for new members! Or those who didn’t do calculations in advance. Maaate! What a mess xD

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

In a nutshell, I’ve memorised how it would appear in the reply box if I’d used the L͟i͟n͟k͟ tab to format their profile page’s URL.

The formatting has < & > & h ref & so on.

Every member’s profile page starts as h t t p s (colon) // w w w dot beautyheaven dot com dot au/user/ then the member’s username in lower case, with words separated by a + & ending with a solidus/
      E.g. shop+a+everyday/

I type so quickly that it’s not a chore, but if you’re on smartphone, there’s no easy way that I know of.

I hope that makes sense, @Yohanna.

[EDIT] I type at over 70 words per minute. That’s not a very helpful solution for you though. Unless you opened their profile page & copy/pasted the URL & used the L͟i͟n͟k͟ tab. Time-consuming.

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I can’t seem to tell you how to do multiple-word usernames without getting an error message, @Yohanna. I’ll have to think about how to reword it simply.

With the RR, for me, it was glitchy AF.

Yeah, the points updating is slow. I had 3400 points, I spent 3040, yet my current tally shows 3398! WTF?

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thank you @Misfortune8 will try using Link feature and play with it now.

I predict RR chaos: stock and point issues (with stock update delay and people overspending over their point value because of this delay as well, getting into minus).

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

Yes, members’ points could go negative, or they could miss out on something they most wanted if the item gets cancelled to prevent a points deficit. Or, they might be disappointed when they receive a different colour from what they were expecting. The makeup items show the product’s stock image, e.g. Max Factor lipstick had a red pic, but the colour in the RR was rose nude.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Misfortune!

So weird. I see on latest, when clicking on “forum” banner up the top, your comments for the new thread you created. But then I click on it to read full comment and get:

Oops! That page can’t be found.

This is for example what I see on latest , but after clicking….nada, zilch!

misfortune8Platinum
    Misfortune8

Founding MemberPlatinum
    1 hr, 33 mins ago
    I can’t seem to even post 2 links at a time, so this is going to take a while doing them individually. Community-type threads… See full post

in topic: Forumites’ Favourite Threads

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

There have been SO many problems with that thread, Yoh. I’ve just been composing an email to Bh about it. I’ve noticed that it never appears in the “Recent Topics” or “Recent Replies” feed. & the URL’s dodgy, too! It was pending moderation for 4 days & never appeared in “Latest Topics”.

I tried to post links to a heap of commonly-used threads, but I get error messages when I try to post there. That thread is of no use to anybody in its current state!

Thanks for your feedback: I’ll include that info in my email.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Can’t screenshot….duh. No image posting possible yet. How come forum thread shows up on “latest activity” but not in forum topics or threads? And can not access it!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

You had me going for a bit M8! I thought you cracked the shi** til I saw the quote! You are def not funny like a clown…CLOWNS ARE TERRIFYING!!!!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Haha, Frenchy! No, I didn’t crack a sh–!

Goodfellas is one of the best gangster movies ever made. Def one of my faves of all time.

I’m with you on the clowns!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Hi, I had a review published twice and emailed Eleni about it. Hopefully they will be able to fix it.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Oh you haha!

I was about to add some suggestions!

Can’t go past a bit of funk rock:
    David Bowie – Let’s Dance, Ashes To Ashes etc
    Talking Heads – Burning Down The House, Life During Wartime, Psychokiller, Once In A Lifetime etc
    Blondie – Rapture is always a funky one
    Re-Flex – The Politics of Dancing

New Romantic (basically the entire catalog of Brat Pack movie soundtracks):
    Simple Minds, Adam Ant/Adam & The Ants, The Psychedelic Furs, Visage, Ultravox, (could argue these bands are new wave/synthpop, but check out what I wrote below)

Post Punk (aka Trad Goth):
    Anything by The Cure, Joy Division, Killing Joke, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Bauhaus/Peter Murphy, The Cult etc

Classic Synthpop/New Wave:
    Yazoo, Blancmange, Talk Talk, Gary Numan, Bananarama, Visage, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Devo, Bronski Beat, Peter Schilling (no relation lol), ABC, Tears For Fears (their new single is amazing!!!), Mi-Sex, After The Fire, Pet Shop Boys, A Flock of Seagulls, Underworld (before they became techno in the 90s), Kajagoogoo/Limahl, The Human League, Soft Cell, Depeche Mode, Eurythmics/Annie Lennox, New Order, Roxette, Yello, Duran Duran, Thomas Dolby, there’s probably way more that I don’t listen to lol.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Yay! Some old faves there!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Want to add some hard core Violent Femmes (saw them live at La Trobe Uni during my BA days.) Also loved PIL, The Sex Pistols and The Birthday Party. I was a Gothic Punk! Saw New Order and The Damned live around that time in Melbourne. Best years of my life!

• 2 yrs, 4 mths ago

I love The Birthday Party, Lydia Lunch, Television and Rowland S Howard (RIP). X is amazing as is Carter USM!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Great list! I spent a lot of time at goth clubs in my 20s. Definitely preferred the vibe of the trad goth clubs, but I like the music from the industrial clubs more 🙂

When I say I have an eclectic taste, I mean it, there’s even *some* country and *some* rap in there.

I love electronic and dance music (not EDM), but detest Dutch hardcore aka “gabba”, and hardstyle aka annoying jumpy Defqon music! Those two are my least favourite. I like UK happy hardcore and some UK gabber, namely Scott Brown’s stuff, love early 90s Scottish Hardcore, trance, techno, some house (namely French house), a little bit of 808 doesn’t hurt anybody, umm, what else… Industrial dance aka electronic body music/EBM, futurepop (which is what I produce), electroclash (also what I produce), synthwave, modern synthpop (which is what I primarily produce), mostly synth stuff. I like industrial industrial, but some of the artists are just really awful people, so I don’t give them the pleasure of my listening (eh herm, KMFDM), but there are some really lovely people around too.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Love your music taste Rivet!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Funny thread but fun to read

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Hey, JuJu:

What do you mean I’m funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown, like I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to f—ing amuse you? What the f— is so funny about me, tell me!

Joe Pesci quote from Goodfellas – classic movie, haha!
      Joe Pesci Goodfellas

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Misfortune8 I have just found this and as usual you have outdone yourself.Its amazing and so very helpful as I mentioned before I think you should be on the BH’s payroll. Stay safe and healthy, we all need you. Cheers from Perth.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.