2 mths ago

Changes to Platinum eligibility.

Hi Beauties,

Is anyone else confused about the changes to Platinum eligibility criteria?

I thought we had to be very active on the BH forums and post comments on at least ten articles weekly.

40 comments 18 voices

Replies

• 1 mth, 4 wks ago

As a semi regular member of the site, all of these changes seem very confusing and not very fair to people that have been very active for years.

• 1 mth, 4 wks ago

This is the best post ever

• 2 mths ago

I do think it is about time BH responded to all these members and stated (absolutely) just what is required for each BH level and whether a member needs to apply for a higher level or whether it is automatically granted.

There is a lot of confusion out there and only BH can resolve this.

I also think it would be a good idea if the response was DATED so that members would know just how current is the response.

• 2 mths ago

It is quite confusing at the moment. Years ago when I became platinum we had to write reviews, be active with the entire site and you earned your platinum status.
    Good luck to all the ladies and hope BH gives some clarification on whether or not it is invite only now or based on reviews etc.

• 2 mths ago

I worked quite hard to get my Platinum status a few years ago. Good luck to those going for it.

• 2 mths ago

@Ethelinde, this! Happy to stay Gold as long as there’s consistency with membership criteria across the platform.

• 2 mths ago

I replied but not sure what happened to it.

I’m sure it used to be 100 reviews and 2 years membership to make it to Platinum along with the required comments on forum and articles. I was just about to make my 2 year anniversary and 100 review quota in a few months and the goalposts have been changed..

Not happy jan !!

• 1 mth, 4 wks ago

Wow, that doesn’t sound very fair – hopefully you get it sorted out.

• 2 mths ago

I don’t blame you, @RINNY! I hope we get clarification from Bh, but they haven’t been very forthcoming with info so far.

• 2 mths ago

Guys, you have to actively apply as well. You do not automatically become Platinum. If you meet the requirements but you did not apply, then that is something else entirely.

• 2 mths ago

The way @bh’s Laura explained it, it looks like it’s an automatic upgrade, but we don’t have much info – that’s why everyone’s so confused.

• 2 mths ago

I am not sure that I read it the same way. I interpreted it as a mere list of the tiers of status but not the requisites for Platinum, which was simply left as “Invite only”. I do wish we had clarity about this as it is quite an important reward for being a BH member.

• 2 mths ago

My reply is hidden – Grr!

image host

• 1 mth, 4 wks ago

On those criteria I would be platinum. I just want the old or an easy to navigate site back.

• 2 mths ago

I have been a member since 2015. I have 928 points yet I am still a Bronze member. I post reviews and make comments all the time.

• 2 mths ago

@HDEE just check that you have filled out every section of your beauty profile. If you even miss one part then your status wont update. Do you remember getting points for completing your profile? If not then perhaps you have missed ticking a box somewhere. Worth checking.

• 2 mths ago

Thank you Meedee. I just checked and my profile is 100%. I will monitor it and see if thing change.

• 2 mths ago

@HDEE Presuming you have not lost a significant number of reviews as a result of the BH website revamp, you still fall short of the number of reviews required to qualify for Platinum status. According to your current profile, you have reviewed 47 products. The current threshold for Platinum is 100 reviews minimum.

You are also required to be a Gold member and you are currently a Bronze member. Going by the number of points you have though, it seems like you should at least be a Gold member by now.

Assuming the above are still the current requirements for Platinum, you are unfortunately not there yet. I would contact BH about qualifying for Gold. You then need to write up 53 reviews and you’re ready.

• 2 mths ago

Thanks Ethelinde. Looks like I have a few more reviews to write. Hopefully BH will change my level the next time they do an update.

• 2 mths ago

What about all the reviews people lost? With the new site revamping. That must be taken into consideration

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.