14 yrs, 1 mth ago

broken lip balm

Does anyone have any advice on lip balm wind-up tubes? I just purchased a brand new Ultraceuticals lip balm (from the lip duo pack) and it won’t wind up at all, very frustrating!!

9 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

the edm ones start to ste again really quickly, so you have to be ready with a tea towel to hold them – careful they get hot, and pour them in really quickly.

lol i only discovered it because on the edm forums they mentioned microwaving stuck tubes till they were slightly soft, then tapping and freezing to reset the product, but i over-zapped mine and had to find an alternative.

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

That is a great tip Michelle, one to remember in the future 🙂

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

thanks michelle, I’ll do that too, saves trying to scrape it all out of the skinny tube lol

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

i had some edm ones that wouldn’t work, so i stuck them in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time till they were melted then poured them into an edm sample pot, popped them in the coolest part of the fridge and wheni took them out they were like lip balms in pots.

and the product was exactly the same, maybe that would work?

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

I don’t think I can return it as I got it ridiculously cheap from ozsale, it was $8 for both balms!
    I’ve put it in the freezer to see if that will help it wind up, FAIL lol
    Tsuki that is a fantastic suggestion!! I’ve already scraped out a bit with my finger to try it (and I LOVE it, hence my frustration!) I have one of those manicare travel kits so I will use the spatula and little pot from that, THANKU 🙂

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

easy
    if you cant return it
    i reckon you should attempt to scrape it all out and put them into one of them portable jars squish it in and make it look like balm in a pot! 😀
    i’d do that if it happened to mine <_<

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

I’m sorry to hear of this bad experience Empire. Take your receipt to the shop for another – because it is faulty they have to give you another or reimburse your money!

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

Empire the same thing happened to me with one of those! I don’t know what I did with it though – I think it’s somewhere around here but I kind of gave up on it and used the other one from the duo pack (which did work).

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

Empire if you still have the proff of purchase i would return it for another one, i would be quite annoyed if it happened to me and i wanted to wear it before i had a chance to replace it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.