8 mths ago

Brazilian laser vs Brazilian wax

Hi all,

For the past few years I am getting Brazilian waxes, the pain is tolerable but the ingrown hairs are a pain so Brazilian laser sounded like a great idea.

Bought a few sessions and reluctantly shaved for my first try. Shaving always resulted in pimples, itchy/painful skin and ingrowns and the same happened now.

I don’t know what I expected, I knew that you need a few months at least to see results but having a patchy/ hairy vj for the foreseeable future is not great. What do you guys do for grooming in the meantime?

Shaving is my worse nightmare for the above reasons.

Is this worth it or should I go back to waxing?

15 comments 12 voices

Replies

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I usually will let beauty students wax my bikini because I can’t do laser/light based therapies due to my skin being light senstitive.

I tend to fall asleep when my legs are done, but the awkward positions required for bikini (and keeping all my extra skin taut) doesn’t let me!

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I alternate between going au naturel during the colder months (with the occasional use of a trimmer I have on the end of my razor) & getting Brazilian waxes in the warmer months (when I prefer to be hair free + know I’ll be in a bikini, despite not wearing skimpy bottoms). If I could afford laser I reckon I’d go down that route, but for now waxing will have to do. I’m the only one who has to deal with my body hair, so I just do what I’m comfortable with.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I just shave, can’t be bothered with anything else, always have and my bikini line always looks pretty good considering I’ve always only shaved.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I hate the itchiness that results from shaving!

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I used to have it , but changed shaver. Venus and shick 4 and 5 blade always caused my skin to itch and get bumpy or dry or ingrowns. When was using titanium 3 blade (gillette or some greek made one, forgot the brand), skin is perfect. I do use hydrating body lotion after too.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I used to do my bikini line but now I just go au la naturale. I just bought different styles of swimwear & undies.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I was al naturale all until early 20s. Then just started removing hair and got used to it. Especially because of liking smooth skin feel. Started to become quite hairy in 20s and felt more comfortable in skimpy bikinis, they made at this time, when shaved or waxed.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

Kudos to you for going au naturale in swimwear!
      I usually just get my bikini line waxed if I know I’ll be heading to the beach….or wear board shorts if I’m too lazy hahaha

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

Cream…be careful girls. I had used only once depilating cream on privates. Loved in past on legs, so wanted to do speedy hair removal before visitor 😉 coming. Day later got bumps. Had 3 weeks weird bumps that healed at last now. On sensitive skin at vj area creams should be avoided!

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

I want to lazer too after reading @Misfortune8 experience.
    Had been epilating legs/bikini/underarms and shaving vj for years. Ingrowns were a nightmare. Then got IPL at home, this sorted completely ingrown issue from pulling hairs out. Skin healed and PIH pigmented dots gone too, so my skin is so even and looks great. But, at home IPLs are not strong enough for private areas (did work 60% on underarms and softened completely hair so after shaving skin is looking fab, as if there is no hair ever there, no dots).

So need lazer for bikini line.

Shaver quality can definitely be an issue, creating ingrown hair. I had issues with 2 brands, not with one I use now.

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

Sensanome: that period of patchiness is awkward, but I’ve had Brazilian laser & I love it & reckon it was worth it. I didn’t like having to shave while undergoing treatment, either. To minimise ingrown hairs, shave in the direction of hair growth. I remember the itchiness, but that’s forever in the past for me, now. Hang in there!

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

How many sessions have you had? I think it’s worth it as I had horrible ingrowns from waxing. But having said that I also had really quick results and there would almost be hardly any regrowth by the rime I was due for my next appointment.

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

I use cream hair remover -so quick and no pain -Just don’t leave on too long

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

I’m with JuJu, I’m anti wax ha ha! Cream removers and shaving for me only. No more painful waxing for this flabby old bird – a bit of plucking I can handle.

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

Yes you cannot leave on too long as can burn but I use regularly and find no problem if I watch the time carefully

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.