2 wks, 1 day ago

Binge worthy series on streaming services.

Hi Lovelies,

What is everyone watching to escape the humdrum days of the pandemic?

I’ve finished Maid (reading the novel too), I’m a few episodes in with Nine Perfect Strangers and I’ve just commenced Squid Game.

What are your favourite shows at present?

41 comments 17 voices

Replies

• 1 w, 3 days ago

Schitt’s Creek is amazing – Eugene and Dan Levy are an awesome team.

Also, Catherine O’Hara (who was the mother in Home Alone) is perfect in this role.

• 1 w, 4 days ago

I’m obsessed with Anthony B too! I was so angry with him when he ended his life. He was in a lot of emotional and physical pain and hope he is at peace now.

• 1 w, 4 days ago

I always feel bittersweet watching the show. I sometimes nibble at a copy of Kitchen Confidential and remember how he was such a talented narrator.

• 1 w, 5 days ago

I love Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown – all seasons are currently streaming on SBS On Demand.

I was also hooked on the French show, The Bureau (or Le Bureau des Légendes). I still think about it now and it’s been months since I finished it.

• 1 w, 5 days ago

I love Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown – all seasons are currently streaming on SBS On Demand.

I was also hooked on the French show, The Bureau (or Le Bureau des Légendes). I still think about it now and it’s been months since I finished it.

• 1 w, 5 days ago

I’ve just finished watching Briarpatch on SBS On Demand. It’s just one season with 10 eps. It started slow, but wow! – the last few episodes were gripping! Everyone was doublecrossing or trying to kill someone & cutting shady deals.

SBS also has a HUUUUUGE range of world movies, which I love.

• 1 w, 5 days ago

Also watch a lot of SBS on demand and even dont mind reading the sub titles. I find one gets used to them.

• 1 w, 5 days ago

Oooh! I love SBS On Demand! I’m a huge fan of my French flicks and Nordic Noir! My kids go to a bilingual school and they watch The Simpsons in French with English subs- that’s the only way they get to watch TV! 🤣

• 1 w, 5 days ago

I have never once thought to try watching The Simpsons in French. What a great idea!

• 1 w, 4 days ago

It is! Disney+ has French audio on most shows.

The rule is if they watch TV during the week, it has to be in French with English subs.

Many years ago, I was in Brazil watching a French film with Portuguese subs- I’m fluent in neither! 😂

• 1 w, 5 days ago

That’s a good tip for the kids! I watched a Chinese movie at the NSW Art Gallery once, with subtitles. I burst out laughing & scared the cr** out of an elderly Chinese woman sitting next to me – I have a very loud, high-pitched cackle. I read the joke in the subtitles a few seconds before the mostly Chinese audience laughed when they heard the joke.

It’s hard to beat Nordic noir! & French films are unbeatable! My favourite film of all time is City of Lost Children! ♥ I love anything by Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

• 1 w, 3 days ago

I love Jeunet and Gondry and I’m a big fan of Nouvelle Vague (the film movement and band)!

• 1 w, 4 days ago

Hilarious M8. I love cackle laughs. You cackling crone you! Scaring people is a bonus!

• 1 w, 6 days ago

I’m pretty sure Jackie Weaver won an award for her performance as well.

• 1 w, 6 days ago

I got sick of Netflix but watching Amazon Prime atm. 9 Perfect Strangers was awesome. Currently watching Paradise City, but not sure if it’s your thing 🤘🖤 Alice In Borderland was SOOOO GOOD!!!

• 1 w, 6 days ago

The title Paradise City reminds me of a Guns N’ Roses song!

I’ll have to check it out! I love Fairuza Balk!

• 1 w, 6 days ago

If you liked Squid Game, check out Alice in Borderland.
    I watched it last year and was addicted to it hahaha. It’s similar to Squid Game and had me on the edge of my seat/holding my breath in some parts.

• 2 wks ago

Only Murders in the Building on Disney+ is soooo good! Highly recommend! I am watching it currently, they release episodes weekly! Next week the last episode of season 1 will be out!

• 2 wks ago

I’m on the third episode of Squid Game.

• 1 w, 4 days ago

Have heard so much about this, will have to give it a check out.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.