1 yr, 10 mths ago

Bh- unannounced and unfair measures.

Hi Beauties,

I’ve started a new post as this very important issue will most likely get buried under new site questions.

Bh has introduced spam penalties applied to ARTICLE COMMENTS that are unfairly impacting longtime loyal and valued community members.

There was no announcement of this measure and it’s left many of us with a bad taste in our mouths.

Bh should reinstate genuine members’ points and publish anti-spam measures and guidelines so we as consumers are better informed.

What do you think?

*Edited for clarity

57 comments 19 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I think I’ll be posting my haul on the Bh subreddit…

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I’ve gone back through my points history and I’ve had no point deductions. I feel like such a good girl LOL

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Nicoler112 and @Misfortune8, the subreddit is r/beautyheavenaus.

Started for members and fans of this wonderful site who are finding it difficult to communicate on here.

It’s a fan subreddit and it’s not officially endorsed by Are Media.

My username is: sesquiplilliput xx

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

No extra “spam” penalty points. haha
    Had only one here and there “Points deduction for unapproved Comment”

Just found this thread, been sooo busy this week!

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Yohanna: I just noticed your comment on the 17 Celebrities Who Just Simply Do Not Age article. Did they steal more points from you?

When we got our Point History, I went through mine & found 4 x 1 point deductions for unapproved comments, too. So many months had passed that I had no idea what they were. I thought it might have been from back when article comments were duplicating?

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Misfortune8, not from duplicates. For example, I get this random deduction, no explanation. And can not find what comment has been deleted. For 5 pt deduction, you get comment moderated, not ever published, no points awarded. Then you notice you got less points. I check pt history and find, 5 pt deducted for posting spam. Then trace date and article and find that the comment that has been moderated is gone. So that has been deleted. 1 point deduction is random. Hard to trace too. Oh, still got no bonus points from 7 RR reviews. So ya, very glitchy and system not functional (point system). Just saw also, actual spam is been published under articles (means spammer gets no deduction on pts, but just added to their tally, one per comment).

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

Thanks for replying, @Yohanna – I didn’t realise it was you for a second, with your new avatar – nice!

It’s so tedious & disheartening having to put up with all these glitches while the spam sits there untouched!

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

What on earth is going on with this site? This isn’t the fun BH I remember!
    Now we’re being penalised for what, commenting?
    How about having some Platinum members moderate the forums and comments? they will do a much better job.

Lets see if my response even gets posted…

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

My follow up post is buried! Please select “This Week” to view! This doesn’t excuse the unfair penalties, lack of clarity or what some of us regard impersonal service. Are Media should at least keep us in the loop as digital culture/media is the now/future.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

Just spend all your points and go. They clearly don’t want us. Under products now I get links to eBay and Amazon to buy.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I was contemplating this actually. I know another long time user already did this but this was a while ago. I am sure she would have hated what is happening right now.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

Maybe that is for certain products? I’m not seeing that.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Ray_jay, I found that really strange too. Maybe they’ve partnered with Ebay and Amazon?

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I’m getting annoyed with posting a reply on the articles only to have it waiting to be moderated.
    I have numerous posts waiting to be moderated which I’m guessing will never be posted.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

so what is with the middle amount on your account? I wasn’t taking much notice of anything in here when I came in every now and then but noticed this middle amount has gone from 9177 to 9174 yesterday and today when I came in it says 9171. Does anyone know what it means?

Now I realise why I haven’t been coming in as much due to this new site. It will be a miracle if this post even goes through as the majority of the ones I do, fly around in space.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Jatz: we’ve deduced that the middle circle is for Bronze, Silver & Gold members to indicate how many points they need to reach the next tier. Of course, we Platinums can’t ascend any higher, so mine says TO 0 – yet another bloody glitch!

Every time I earn points, my 2nd circle goes down by the same amount, but there’s always a 1501 points difference between them. Platinum tier is now 1500 points: if you subtract the number in your 2nd circle from your total points, it’s probably 1501 – that’s what @Yohanna’s & mine are. Is Bh calculating the requirements for Platinum at 1501 points instead of 1500? It’s always off by 1!
      E.g. Currently, I’ve got 5317 points & my TO 0 circle is -3816.
      5317 – 3816 = 1501
      I’ve overshot the 1501 points I needed to reach Platinum by 3816.

So, if your 2nd circle is -9171, would I be correct to assume you have 10672 points? – You’ve exceeded the points needed for Platinum by 9171.

Do I make sense? I feel like I’m struggling to be coherent at the moment – & no, I haven’t hit the absinthe.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Jatz, mine is the same. Ours can’t be points to platinum as we are already platinum.
      Would love to have some clarification on this.
      I hate saying or posting about it or emailing all the time because I hate to sound negative all the time. But I have to say enough is enough.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@DivineDiva – thinking we should all boycott BH for a week – well that’s not hard as I haven’t been in here for weeks due to comments floating around, can’t follow the pages. Really miss the old site now. I now can say I hate changes.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Jatz, totally agree. It’s very hard to reply to comments when you have to go searching for them. I miss the old site and forums to.
        I often find myself sometimes going right back on an old thread just to see how the forums used to be. Those were the good old days.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I think it’s the amount of points until you reach platinum points. That’s what mine is anyway.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I’ve tried a few times to respond to this thread and my messages have disappeared.

Thanks Lucy16 for caring and starting this thread, hopefully Beautyheaven can reply and sort this out. It’s very upsetting for our regular members seeing this happen.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.