13 yrs, 4 mths ago

BG Can’t See! – UPDATE

I’ll be away for a few days (maybe)…. I’m off to the eye hospital today to get a diagnosis confirmed of Optic Neuritis… which is pretty nasty 🙁 basically an inflamed optic nerve. I’ve had baaad pain and diminishing vision since wednesday, went to GP on saturday, she referred me straight to the eye hosp, have to get a field test done today, but the doc said to bring my toothbrush, so not too well atm! gonna miss the boards if i do go in 🙁 (and yes I do know all the reasons, including MS, for this happening, please don’t list them, I’m already sad enough! :P), so if I’m not around….. see ya thursday!

BG xxxx

22 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thanks chrissy 🙂 was very good news to get!

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Good News Beauties!!!

I had my MRI yesterday morning, oh my god they’re as claustrophobic as I remember, but they put the fan on high and I got to watch the Incredibles :D….

and then I went to my neurologist appt at 12:15 (well got in at 2:30!), and I got the all clear for now! He said there’s no signs of MS in my spinal fluid or my MRI. He also said that I do have a high chance of developing it at sometime later on because I’ve had the optic neuritis… but for now… YAY!!!!!

BTW, MRI’s are AMAZING! I got to see all the way in my head, nose, eye, optic nerve, brain, freaking amazing…. technology hey!

So I’m very relieved today…. no MS for BG!

Wow that is great news BG 🙂 ((big hug))

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Good News Beauties!!!

I had my MRI yesterday morning, oh my god they’re as claustrophobic as I remember, but they put the fan on high and I got to watch the Incredibles :D….

and then I went to my neurologist appt at 12:15 (well got in at 2:30!), and I got the all clear for now! He said there’s no signs of MS in my spinal fluid or my MRI. He also said that I do have a high chance of developing it at sometime later on because I’ve had the optic neuritis… but for now… YAY!!!!!

BTW, MRI’s are AMAZING! I got to see all the way in my head, nose, eye, optic nerve, brain, freaking amazing…. technology hey!

So I’m very relieved today…. no MS for BG!

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Hey BG,

Thanks for the update. I really hope you are travelling well both physically and mentally. It will be impossible for you not to worry until you have some answers so until then look after yourself, pamper yourself, if you have sight in one eye then read trashy magazines to distract yourself.
    Sending heaps of love and good thoughts your way!

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! An update from Me this time lol

I’m still in pain from the lumbar puncture (they had to try 3 times to get any fluid out, ouch!), and my eye is still quite sore and vision isn’t back properly yet. I have colour vision back mostly, but everything else is a blur. Very frustrating to go from having near perfect vision to this. Hoping it gets better than this, but there’s a chance it may not.

They’re still putting me through the wringer for MS, as this is a big red flag for it, particularly me being female and my age. So I had some tests done in hospital and I’m getting an MRI done next Monday. There’s a half-better than half chance I will develop MS in the next decade, if I don’t have it already. Which is a confronting thing to deal with (most of you know that I’m diagnosed with some big mental health issues), so it’s been a long and hard week.

Will be glad when next Monday is over and hopefully I get some answers (seeing my neurologist next Monday as well). I’m struggling with all this, particularly the pain a lot, which is why I’ve been a bit quiet on the forums. If you’re religious, putting in a little prayer for me next time you’re speaking to the big guy would mean a lot to me 🙂 otherwise I am still here, and hoping I”m back firing on all cylinders soon!

BG xxx

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Hi BG, take it easy and hope you feel better soon, at least your home and have TLC ( tender loving care ), sending a smile 🙂

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Oh sorry to hear the news BG and Roxy. Going to hospital is never much fun.
    Glad to hear though you are now back home BG, hope you are starting to feel better now.
    Hope all is well with Roxy to.

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thanks for the update G, send BG our warmest wishes and YAY for the olay trial:)

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

hi guys

Update from G here. BG has been in hospital for three days with the optic neuritis. Shes had some steroids treatment which hopefully will bring her eyesight back sooner rather than later. She’s home now and thanks you for the wishes.

she also said she got the olay trial as well

Cheers, have a good one

G

• 13 yrs, 4 mths ago

Aw wish you the best BG, hope everything goes well :)!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.