1 month, 2 wks ago

Best haircare products for sensitive eyes?

I’ve got quite sensitive eyes – my eyes will be weeping after I’ve washed my hair and it gets worse if I have to sit in front of a computer afterwards.

I know I could use baby shampoo and that would probably solve the problem but I’m keen to ask the brains trust to see if they can recommend any other products that are suitable for sensitive eyes.

I have thick hair, oily at the roots and can be dry at the ends in winter. I don’t colour or do much with my hair. I wash it two-three times a week.

Thanks in advance my beauties! I appreciate any advice you can swing my way.

35 comments 16 voices

Replies

• 1 month, 1 w ago

What a problem for you. I am very pleased to say that I do not have to worry about this as my eyes seem fine after hair wash. Thanks Goodness.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Informative discussion, I have benefited to get this information and resource. Thanks all

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

My hair is very dry and as a result, I get a decent amount of split ends and frizz even though I never use heating tools on my hair (hairdryer, straightener, curler). With Bloommy mask l I feel my hair is on the road to repair! I am a compulsive split end cutter and I have noticed much less breakage and my frizz has also died down. That being said my hair still is a little frizzy but I have only been using this product for about 4-6 weeks. I will definitely continue to use the hair set as my hair does seem to be improving, I can only imagine what it will look like in a few months.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Hi RINNY, I also have thick hair with dry ends and use Matrix Mega Sleek. I too suffer from sensitive eyes that sting quite a bit and water when I’m in the sun and have never once had any issues with this haircare range annoying my eyes.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Thanks so much Izzy! I’ll try it out.

I really need to try a product a few times to see if it works for me. I was liking that Palmers shampoo my mum said I should try but after the second wash later that week my hair looks quite dull.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

What’s the price point on Matrix haircare?

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Wow it is very expensive. Hopefully worth it.

• 1 month, 1 w ago

It is a 1L bottle and lasts me months. Very worth it for my hair anyway because nothing else works for me like this does. And I’ve tried so many brands.

$27.95 for a 1L bottle

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

please do not use Monday haircare! You just need to google what it does! Hairdressers constantly warn ppl!

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

OMG! Just reading the reviews for it on Productreview and people were losing hair from it.

Thanks for the warning!!

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

I haven’t used it for over a year now but I hadn’t heard of any problems with it so may have to google then. I can’t say I had any issues when I used it though. I know I emailed them to ask something and the Company were very helpful in saying that they had changed something in their product but no idea what she was going on about.

I see my hairdresser this Friday so will have to ask her then.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Yep I’ve also used Monday. The smooth one and no issue for me either. It was nice.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

I’ve never used it but I won’t in the future thanks to your warning! Thanks sharns!

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

I can’t use shampoos with sodium laurly sulphates due to it gives me ear infections.

I use the one from Coles called Monday and find it good but then every couple of months I find I have to change and at the moment I am using the Tresemme Pure one. The only thing is you have to be careful not to get in your eyes but my are sensitive but so far it’s fine. Just have to be careful not to use my fingers to wipe my eyes.

Jatz,

I’ve never heard of the link between SLS and ear infections- ouch!

SLS is such nasty stuff!!

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Interesting. My mum gave me a sulphate free shampoo to try out. I used it this morning and no tears!!!

It’s a Palmers micellar cleanser shampoo. Hopefully, I am tear-free next time I use it too.

I’ve also used Klorane. It’s really good and comforting 🙂

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Khlorane has such a huge range and a dry shampoo. I’m impressed!

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Although not a BH brand the gentlest shampoo and conditioner I have ever used is by Moo Goo (available online, Priceline and many chemists.) The Peony and Chammolie range from Klorane is also good.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Another fan of moo goo here, it’s very gentle on the skin and eyes (and hair too).

Have only recently heard of Moo Goo. I also think they are a good product

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

I agree. My daughter is a Moo Goo fanatic.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Totally agree Frenchy. Moo Goo Shampoo is great shampoo and conditioner to use if you have sensitive eyes/skin issues.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Thanks Frenchy – my partner uses the Moo Goo deodorant and loves it. Looks like they have a lot of great reviews for their haircare products too

I love Klorane!

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

You might need to try a sulphate-free shampoo, and avoid fragranced hair products. I like A’kin mild and gentle shampoo. It can take a while to get used to products that don’t have a lot of bubbles, you might need to wash your hair twice or more frequently at first. Unfortunately a lot of baby shampoos aren’t as gentle as you would think. The ingredient sodium lauryl sulphate is the main one to avoid.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Is A’kin gentle shampoo completely fragrance free?

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

Morning Lucy , I’ve just seenn your comment, it is completely fragrance free, and described as a ‘Hypoallergenic shampoo’

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

I hope we get notifications back so that we don’t just come across replies accidently.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

I’ve never tried this brand before, I’ve checked out all their products and they sound fantastic. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

A’kin have quite a few variants in mild and gentle. I’m pretty sure there was a completely fragrance free one.

• 1 month, 2 wks ago

I’m off to hunt it down after I get some much needed kip.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.