11 yrs, 4 mths ago

Best hair masks?

Store bought or natural made at home, any that bring amazing results. For dry hair.

23 comments 18 voices

Replies

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Coconut oil and Avocado works a treat!! 🙂

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

I’m with Mae806 mine is also the Pro Naturals hair repair mask, it contains Argania spinosa kernel oil (Argan Oil). I apply it quite liberally on my clean hair. Soak thin towel in water,squeeze the excess water and place the towel in the microwave for a couple of minutes and wrap it around my hair placing a shower cap over it and leave it until it is cool. Then I simply rinse it and before drying and styling my hair I apply the argan oil leave in treatment to the ends and halfway up the hair shaft keeping clear of the roots and scalp. This protects my hair from heat damage.

• 9 yrs ago

One of the best is the hair masks Hair & Scalp Moisturising Rose Mask Aésop (http://www.aesop.com/). You also have two oil baths to be used before the shampoo: Intensive Hair Treatment of Redgum Soaps (http://redgumsoaps.com.au/) and Hair Conditioning Oil of Tinderbox (http://www.cheekyherbs.com/) to use at least thirty minutes before shampoo under a warm towel or shower cap. Avoid using masks that contain silicones (like Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethiconol, Amodimethicone, Stearyl Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Stearoxy Dimethicone ) that give the hair soft feel and brilliant but in the end did not hydrate nor nourish the hair fiber

• 9 yrs ago

So your going to have to put up with me raving about hask.
    I usually spend good money on hair treatments but I sware these are amazing.
    4 bucks for a single treatment which is enough for long hair.
    They come in macadamia oil, keratin, monoi oil and argan oil. Could not recommend enough. I brought all 4 and will continue to stock up.
    They are better than others I have used and don’t coat or leave gross residue in your hair. Amazing.
    4 bucks from big w

• 9 yrs ago

I would highly recommend Loccitane’s hair masque, they are divine! I only use them for special occasions 🙂

• 9 yrs ago

Store bought or natural made at home, any that bring amazing results. For dry hair.

Hiya Romashka. I’m going to suggest a homemade mask for something different.

I love DIY masks – have tried many different combos.
    I have used bananas, honey, coconut oil, olive oil, Coconut milk, eggs, yoghurt, avocado, henna and many more.

Right now, I like the yoghurt and egg mask. It’s amazing – leaves my hair smooth, soft and shiny. I got the recipe off a youtuber (super princess jo).

I just mix plain yoghurt with a couple of eggs and whisk. Apply to dry hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off. I don’t use shampoo or conditioner because I don’t think my hair needs it.

I have used fruit yoghurt but ended up with fruit chunks in my hair! :-/

I love dyi masks as well. OMG I watch super princess jo for hair videos too! I’ve tried the banana mask, olive oil and honey, coconut oil, egg masks. farahdhukai also has good hair videos. I get recipes from those 2 and they do give results for me 🙂 just need to find the time to do it!

• 9 yrs ago

Pro Naturals all the way

Lori 321 – I agree with you. Do you put a few drops of the Argan Oil into the mask mixture before applying it? I only apply the argan oil after I have rinsed the mask out but this seems to be sufficient for my hair which is quite thick and coarse straight Asian hair.

• 9 yrs ago

I use Nuxe Oil as a treatment before I wash my hair and it is amazing. A bit expensive but you don’t need much and smells sooooo good! Can also be used on face and body.

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

best hair mask
    oh for me its
    Kerastase Elixir Ultime Beautifying Oil Masque
    AMAZING!
    I also use coconut oil in my hair from time to time

It seems our *ray jay* here really loves kerastase 😉

Lol oh my I do. Trust me I know its expensive and I don’t always can justify the money but every time I try it again to repair my hair its just brilliant. Try kerastase just once my friend I tell you xx

• Bronze
    9 yrs, 1 mth ago

I tried many products for dry hair from cheap to really expensive, but after all disappointments I just stepped back and tried homemade hair mask I found on the internet and suddenly it worked. Now I have my own homemade hair spa. Here some easy recipes – http://mantello.co.uk/hair/natural-masks-dry-hair/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.