13 yrs, 11 mths ago

Best Frame Brands

My favourtie brand of frames is guess! what is yours?

22 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

I just got two pair of designer glasses for $200 at specsavers. I think their designer frames are affordable enough to go for over their generic frames.

• 11 yrs, 11 mths ago

I bought a pair of burgundy specsaver metal frame glasses and had to exchange them because the paint colour started chipping off so you could see silver underneath where the burgundy had been. I replaced them with new glasses that have a plastic frame as I thought this would be better given the colour is more thickly inbuilt into the plastic. After I picked these up today I’m noticing that because the frame around the nose is one piece they keep sliding down my nose. I recall the guy in Specsavers saying something about that the nose piece can’t be adjusted with plastic frames, but can’t they heat them and mould them to tighten/loosen if don’t fit correctly? DOES ANYONE KNOW?

I have had the nose bit on plastic frames adjusted before. Your right, they do just heat them up a bit and mould them to fit 🙂

Thanks for that – I thought so. I’ll be bringing them back in and getting them fixed until they fit properly as it’s getting annoying having to keep pushing them into place again. I wear glasses all the time so they need to fit perfectly. Otherwise I’ll keep changing frames until they are just right as Specsavers say they guarantee all their products.

• 11 yrs, 11 mths ago

I bought a pair of burgundy specsaver metal frame glasses and had to exchange them because the paint colour started chipping off so you could see silver underneath where the burgundy had been. I replaced them with new glasses that have a plastic frame as I thought this would be better given the colour is more thickly inbuilt into the plastic. After I picked these up today I’m noticing that because the frame around the nose is one piece they keep sliding down my nose. I recall the guy in Specsavers saying something about that the nose piece can’t be adjusted with plastic frames, but can’t they heat them and mould them to tighten/loosen if don’t fit correctly? DOES ANYONE KNOW?

I have had the nose bit on plastic frames adjusted before. Your right, they do just heat them up a bit and mould them to fit 🙂

• 11 yrs, 11 mths ago

• 13 yrs ago

I just got a new pair of frames ordered, one of my fav designer brands Guess 🙂 I love the look of them, but will have to wear them all the time, so i hope the live up to my abuse :p

• 13 yrs, 3 mths ago

Since this is about best frames brands, I’m just going to list some experiences I have had with certain brands (I have normal prescription glasses and sunnies and I have quite a few sunnies because I find that my eyes hurt if my eyes are not protected from the sun and I like to have different styles avaliable for use).

The first prescription pair I got were a pair of Calvin Klein glasses that has a metal frame (rimmed only around the top of the lens) and were in gunmetal and green. My main problem was that I picked a pair with a thin frame and this frame was really flimsy and I had to keep on getting it reshaped every month or so and even the optomistrist said that they were a real pain 🙁

Around the same time I got a pair of Carolina Herrera (metal, rimmed only around the top of the lens) for weaing in the sun. They had thin frames too but were really sturdy, I’ve had them for 7 years and I’ve never had to get them refitted to my face and I still wear them quite often.

My first pair of sunnies (before I got prescriptions) were a pair of orotons, plastic frame, very sturdy looked new for about 5 years before my dad decided to try them on and break them 🙁
    My newer pair of Orotons are of a plastic/metal mix and once again it was made from good quality plastic that doesn’t loose it shape, the only fault is that I stupidly picked a pair that were to large for my face

I bought myself a pair of plastic Guess frames a few years ago and the plastic was pretty poor quality and kept on loosing its shape (I was very careful with them), after a month I went and got them exchanged for a different pair (plastic again) that had the same problem but I kept this pair. By the end of the first year the plastic looked really old (and was starting to look like it was going to flake) and the Guess labelling on the sides of the glasses were coming off whilst my lenses started to pop out and reshaping at the optomistrist was not helping keeping the lenses in. This I had exchanged for a pair of plastic Gucci sunnies which I have never had any problems with (I would say this pair has had the most abuse), never had to reshape and after so long (don’t remember it’s age) the plastic still looks like new

My newest sunnies are a pair of Jil Sander (about 1 year old), plastic frames, never had to have them reshaped (even after my cousins kid threw them down two sets of concrete steps, I thought I was going to have a fit at him) and the plastic still looks new.

My newest plain presciption glasses for indoor use are a pair of Angelo Futuro (couple months old), I don’t think that these are avaliable here but mine were a decent price (frames and lenses for less than $100), funky design, I got a metal frame which are blue and brown and it is really sturdy.

• 13 yrs, 3 mths ago

neither they just get marks on them finger prints and so on
    but they are big frames

i love them anyways

• 13 yrs, 3 mths ago

Are we talking about the nose pads or are your cheeks touching the frame as well?

• 13 yrs, 3 mths ago

I have rays bans. There ment to be the best and not break or something. But what annoys me i have to clean them like 3 times a day lol

Hahaha everytime I take them off to clean them I’m horrified by the amount of foundation that has transfered onto the frames 😐

• 13 yrs, 3 mths ago

Mine are Diesel, they were quite expensive but I have had them for ages and they are pretty funky! Always feel very ‘professional’ wearing them haha. Mine are quite simular to Annyex’s, the shape is a bit more rectangular/thin

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.