11 months ago

Beauty Heaven Please Delete Spammers Memberships

I’ve been a member here for about 3 years and the spammers were already here when I joined, but in the last 12 months they have multiplied and spread faster than Covid 19. Many genuine members are sick of them, some regular members have left the site because of them which is sad. A lot of us real members have continually marked their comments as spam, talked endlessly on the forums about them and many of us have emailed staff about them. I have seen some comments from the spammers disappear and some spammers given up. I know staff have made some effort but please just cancel their memberships so they can’t comment any more. Surely I.T can introduce some method that will filter out an overseas membership as we all know most of the spammers aren’t in Australia.

16 comments 14 voices

Replies

• 29 seconds ago

It’s annoying me that they seem determined to target the forums!

Then we have to sift through the posts for legitimate posts…

• 1 month, 1 w ago

Such a good thing to have got rid of. I wish I could do the same with the spanners on my phone and my emails account too!

• 10 months, 1 w ago

Very refreshing to come onto the forum this morning and see lots of real members chatting and helping each other and no annoying spam. Thank you Eleni and bh for removing them.

• 10 months, 1 w ago

Thanks for the update, Eleni. It’s good to know something constructive is being done.

• 10 months, 1 w ago

Thanks for the update on the spammers, Eleni!

• 10 months, 1 w ago

Thanks for the Update re Spam Xxx

• 10 months, 1 w ago

Hi ladies,

Appreciate your work and time and most of all, your patience with this. I have been working to remove what I can and we have been working with IT to implement some long term changes to prevent future posts. In the meantime, feel free to continue to report the spam to help us manage the submissions.
    If you could also steer clear of replying to the spam directly, that will make it easier for us to erase the post (without interfering with your points).

Eleni xx

• 10 months, 2 wks ago

Don’t make it sound like you miss the spammers!

• 10 months, 2 wks ago

yep not much action here toda.. .where did everyone go.

• 10 months, 3 wks ago

I’m over it, I used to log on to the site daily but not anymore with the constant spam and slow website.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.