2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Beauty Fridges!

Guys I found a Beauty Fridge in Target Au for $99

I have heard many mix reviews for these fridges and I was thinking of getting one as my room kind of heats up in the Summer and I want my skincare to not go bad.

Do any of you have a Beauty Fridge? If so what are your thoughts about it?

I just want to know what you guys think of Beauty Fridges. Are they worth the money? Let me know below!

29 comments 18 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I just put a few beauty items in my ordinary fridge.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

seems like a waste and you can get an entry level bar fridge for around $100 if you really need one that badly. Or even cheaper on gumtree/fb marketplace

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I have one, I won from The Beauty Fridge at the beginning of 2020. This one is bigger than the one Priceline stocks. I find it super handy in the warmer months as my bathroom does get really hot for about 5 months of the year. The trick is to not cram too much in as it doesn’t seem to be as efficient at cooling and the condensation builds up quicker as well. That condensation pools at the bottom and needs to be wiped out 2 or 3 times a week. I found it a little noisy, you can hear the fan whirring, but with the bathroom door closed, all good. The fridge needs to be kept a small distance from the wall so it has ventilation and doesn’t overheat. There was no noticeable jump in power usage.

The first one I had stopped running and I only had it running for 4 months. I was going to turn it off that week as the weather had started to cool down but it just stopped running. Even though it was a prize I could still claim it under warranty. The Beauty Fridge have guidelines for claiming under warranty and it was a lengthy process. It took a while for someone to respond to my email, Covid lockdown being the reason. I had to explain the problem, take photos and send a video. Their team had to view all this, make a decision and get back to me. Then I had to package the fridge back up and post back to them at my expense. Unfortunately the fridge arrived in the eastern states and someone at Australia Post couldn’t understand the address so sent it back to WA. What a load of mucking around and stress. There was nothing wrong with the address, but because I put a hand written label on the box their computer couldn’t read it. So the breakdown was in May and the new fridge arrived in September just in time to use for the start of the warmer weather. The new fridge was way quieter, but just before turning off at the start of the cooler weather this year I noticed the products weren’t as cold as usual. I’m probably going to plug in again around November, hoping it still works. If it doesn’t I won’t be purchasing a replacement.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I have both the pink and black “Beauty Fridge” tiny ones from Priceline I won in a competition.

I’m keeping the black one just because it looks cute and fits my aesthetic.

The pink one I’m planning on selling. If anyone is interested, let me know, otherwise I’ll post in on fb marketplace xx 😊

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

They are unnecessary but people love them because they look cute.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I’m thinking of getting one too! I’ll been keen to hear everyone’s thoughts also!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

My mom said they break quickly too. not really worth investing

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

So the consensus is that beauty fridges are nothing more than energy guzzling gimmicks!

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I find that my bathroom tends to stay cool even on the hottest days. It’s on the eastern side of the house which doesn’t get as hot as the western side. I also wouldn’t want another appliance on all the time using electricity, so I would not get one. A little corner of my regular fridge will do me.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I use my regular fridge for storing some items, too.

Congratulations on working out how to create a new thread, Shali!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.