2 yrs ago

Baby gift suggestions

My friend is 45 and expecting her 2nd baby – a little girl and a total surprise, she thought she was starting menopause. She has a 12 year old son.
Wanting to buy a special baby present and or something for her. I don’t have kids so any suggestions would be appreciated.

17 comments 12 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs ago

MooGoo is my go-to for natural creams, washes, etc., that mum and bub will both love.
    One.Chew.Three. also do lovely, practical stuff that benefits both mum and bub.
    And lastly Tara Treasures do gorgeous felt mobiles for baby’s room.

• 2 yrs ago

I tend to buy books or if it is a close family member I will get a big ticket item to help them out.

• 2 yrs ago

Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone.

• 2 yrs ago

I gave my sister a lovely baby blanket with her sons name embroidered on it.

• 2 yrs ago

A gift hamper including: Sudocrem, Lanisoh (or a vegan alternative), Sophie the Giraffe teether or something similar, eco food pouches, muslin wraps, flannel swaddles, some relaxing treats for mum, various dummies/pacifiers, fold up change mat, baby hairbrush, comb, and nail clippers, mittens and a beanie.

• 2 yrs ago

A pregnancy friendly massage voucher.

• 2 yrs ago

I received a lovely musical globe with a light so the stars and moon appeared on the ceiling as the globe turned. I think I loved it as much as my babies, it was so soothing at night.

• 2 yrs ago

I always think soft, muslin swaddle blankets are an excellent gift for both baby girls and boys.

• 2 yrs ago

Something cute clothing always goes down well – my friend got our other friend one of these the other day for her Baby Shower, they are so cute (and small Aussie business so that’s good) – https://weaseltees.com.au/product/pterodactyl-onesie/ – they didn’t know the name so just got Bubbasaurus on it, but they have cute Zodiac ones too if you know due date?

• If the first one was 12 years ago then I assume she would need most baby things again!

I found the following really useful:
    Baby monitor
    Baby thermometer
    Baby carrier
    Hospital stay toiletry packs for mum and bubs (QV for bubs)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.