Hayley644PlatinumHayley644
Platinum
5 mths, 1 w ago

And just like that…

Has anyone been watching this series? I loved Sex And The City and was so looking forward to watching this. Personally, I’ve found it hard to get through each episode. To me the characters are nothing like the original show. Wish I could have enjoyed it more. Last episode next week, not sure if there is a Season 2.

29 comments 17 voices

Replies

• Hayley644PlatinumHayley644
    Platinum
    5 mths ago

The documentary on this was actually really interesting. A lot of people working on the new series had worked on the original one and the movies. So much original clothing and accessories from the original series was used in the new series. Even original furniture from Carrie’s original apartment was used. I feel the script and some of the characters have let this new series down unfortunately.

• cityglendaPlatinumCityglenda
    Platinum
    5 mths ago

Once the original series finished I let it go. I made the mistake of watching one of the follow-up movies & was hugely disappointed so I don’t follow the series any more.

• 5 mths ago

Haven’t watched this and now perhaps I won’t bother. So many others to choose from. Watching The Puppet Master on Netflix at the moment

• Sparkles12PlatinumSparkles12
    Platinum
    5 mths ago

I am still thinking if i liked it or not ….
    It covers everything from teenagers blooming, death, and also Miranda going through what she is going through – wondering how that will end …

I will watch last episode and make a call

🙂 enjoy all…

• ChrystalagePlatinumChrystalage
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    5 mths ago

Not seen it yet, will watch when it comes to FTA, won’t be the same without the sass and quips from Samantha

• 5 mths ago

I must be living under a rock as I haven’t seen it.

• 2663annePlatinum2663anne
    Platinum
    5 mths ago

I’m enjoying it but not loving it. I absolutely love the original and have watched them so many times I pretty much know them by heart. Somehow I’m able to seperate the original to the reboot and enjoy these episodes for what they are.

• perthchickPlatinumPerthchick
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    5 mths, 1 w ago

@Mumofbeauty Friends is amazing. I watched when it originally aired. The only show my older teen brother, Mother and I would watch together. We even went as far as not answering the phone when Friends was on. I am rewatching it on Netflix. I have probably watched it twice all the way through before. I love these episodes are still relevant in today’s society.

• 5 mths, 1 w ago

@Perthchick you must have some great memories watching friends. Sorry to hear about your brother’s passing. I have some great memories watching this show with my late best friend. We would always watch reruns together.

• EthelindePlatinumEthelinde
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    5 mths, 1 w ago

I thought the movies were unnecessary, at least more than one. Now with this series, it just feels like we’ll never let this finish in peace and most times the best shows in history knew when to end. I feel like a lot of the character development from the original show has been completely obliterated in this new series. For example, they did such injustice to Steve and Miranda, although I enjoyed the way they portrayed Steve in the latest episode.

Anyway, I like some parts of this show but it is largely imperfect. I like that we get to continue with their story and see them age, but the rest is hard to watch.

Although this is an analogy with a book, I liken this to the character Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. A character who has been revered by many over the years but went through a complete character assassination in the sequel, that probably was never intended to be published by the author after her death for good reason. Now that original legacy and goodwill in that character is forever tainted by the publication of the sequel. If you have not read it, never read it.

• Hayley644PlatinumHayley644
    Platinum
    5 mths, 1 w ago

I’ve actually enjoyed watching the Australian series Love Me much more. It was on Fox Showcase and Binge.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.