16 yrs, 2 mths ago

All lipsticks go dark red on me!

I would love to be able to wear lipstick that was actually the colour it was supposed to be, but every one I have ever tried looks good for about 5 minutes before going dark red. Even colours that look close to natural skin colour. I have stopped experimenting as have come to the conclusion it must be something about having too acidic a skin or something. Does anyone else have this happen?

24 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Yeah there is one brand which goes `bright` on me. I figure it is their formulation so I don`t buy that brand now at all. Maybe you need to find a natural brand with a unique formulation. Keep trying!!

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Yeah there is one brand which goes `bright` on me. I figure it is their formulation so I don`t buy that brand now at all. Maybe you need to find a natural brand with a unique formulation. Keep trying!!

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

• Bronze
    16 yrs, 1 mth ago

maybe a tip that could help you is when aplying your foundation apply some onto your lips which will make your natural lip colour look heaps lighter , after your foundation application also use lose powder on yout lips to ,which makes it last longer and then try your lipsticks , hopefully i have helped you.

• Bronze
    16 yrs, 1 mth ago

maybe a tip that could help you is when aplying your foundation apply some onto your lips which will make your natural lip colour look heaps lighter , after your foundation application also use lose powder on yout lips to ,which makes it last longer and then try your lipsticks , hopefully i have helped you.

• Bronze
    16 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

yes thanks for the great replies – I forgot to check back! Will try some of those idea. I particularly like the idea of trying concealer – then lip gloss over it. Might work!

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

yes thanks for the great replies – I forgot to check back! Will try some of those idea. I particularly like the idea of trying concealer – then lip gloss over it. Might work!

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks for these good ideas

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.