A Thoughtful Christmas Present Idea
One year, my friend bought a pair of ducks in my name for an impoverished family in a developing country. It was one of the best presents I’d ever received!
Now, whenever my family ask what I want, I always say a charity voucher.
Over the years, I’ve received:
• A prosthetic limb for a woman in war-torn Sierra Leone
• Restore someone’s sight through Fred Hollows
• Clean water supply for a village
• Christmas dinner for a homeless person
& others, similar.
Last year, my niece a-d-o-p-t-e-d an elephant for her animal-loving sister. She tracks its movements on an app & sometimes updates me on her migration across Africa’s borders.
I think these are all very thoughtful gifts. I’ve asked for the same this year.
* Forgive the hyphens – it’s taken multiple edits to work out which word/s or phrase/s were causing for the error messages. Who’d have thought a-d-o-p-t-e-d would be the trigger word?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.