1 yr, 11 mths ago

A new era of hope!

I know it’s not polite to discuss politics but as a woman, I’m delighted with the amount of female representation we now have in Federal Parliament

The inspirational Julie Bishop opined that it was the trailblazers Grace Tame and Brittany Higgins who swayed the vote.

I was part of the Kooyong Teal Army and I was crying joyful tears when Monique Ryan toppled Josh Frydenberg.

The two major parties have a lot to answer for- let’s keep them accountable!

😘

17 comments 9 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

I agree but I also want to see best person for the job -either a man or woman or brown or white I don’t care as long as they are the best candidate. Good to women taking a bigger role and may the best person be chosen for their merits XX

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Yes, they should get there on merits but we still need proper representation reflecting our society.

There are formidable women who are Independents newly elected to parliament, a record number of First Nations representatives from across the political spectrum (one is a family friend of my husband’s family) and a brilliant senator who has cerebral palsy and is a strong advocate for disability rights.

For the first time, we have a PM who grew up in Housing Commission- let’s hope he does more to solve the housing crisis.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Problem with the fuel prices they also push up the prices of a lot of good and services we consume

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

JuJu47. My thoughts exactly ! (And…I don’t think that the batteries last more than 10 years at this point in time, so what happens to all the “dead” batteries ? Lithium is not a good additive to landfill either.)

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Yes -just from articles I have been reading wind turbines have a limited life and when they are finished they just leave them where they are as too expensive to move ,batteries an on going problem and a lot of times in summer we are requested to reduce our power as water shortage reduces power access so although i like the idea of an electric car I am not convinced this is the answer

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Very happy with the outcome.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

whomever you vote for – this election is proof that one vote makes a difference!
    let’s hope the future is brighter for all of us!

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

I hope these new ladies(and the men of course!) in parliament will bring the petrol prices into some sort of control or the likes because I noticed fuel today in my area has skyrocketed – wonder if they will be able to pull off what scomo did and bring in some across the board control so the prices don’t keep going skyward! 🙂 Here’s hoping

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

@Clearcrystalwater, the Albanese govt have said they’re not extending the cut to excise! So disappointing!

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Too right about the petrol price. What can be done I wonder?

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

I feel that the gov’t needs to fund / rebate everyone’s car change-over/conversion into electrical vehicles so that we are no longer effected as a nation because we would no longer be dependent on importing (environmentally damaging) fuels that keep pushing into everyone’s personal budget. Personally it’s not a big problem for me but I don’t like seeing the fuel prices go up and up because I know it’s effecting loads and loads of people in a very big way.

Yes it’s a big job for this to occur (car conversion) but it would solve plenty of issues (both environmentally and economically). I don’t see any other way – if there was another way I would love to hear it.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

But where is all the electricity going to come from ? Just a thought

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Wind turbines! we certainly have plenty of room and it’s environmentally friendly. Either that or water-produced energy (moving water makes energy = electricity. This is also environmentally friendly.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

There’s also thermal rocks that we could engineer electricity from (from their heat that is natural in them in the earth) and good old solar as well mixed in with those could work!

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Petrol prices are insane at the moment, even with the reduction in tax, it’s still super expensive.
      We’re fortunate that we don’t tend to have long trips in the car, but I do feel for others that go through a tank of fuel every week.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

No matter which colour we voted for, the future is looking brighter!

ALP shouldn’t gloat as they didn’t get enough of the primary vote!

Thrilled at the presence of Teals and Green.

Now it’s time for moderate Libs to reflect!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.