16 yrs, 1 mth ago

A good face exfoliator

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good face exfoliator. I am looking for something reasonably priced and to use about once a week. can anyone help?

32 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 14 yrs, 6 mths ago

depending on your skin type..but i love ella bache revitalisant exfoliant.you paint on a thin layer with a mask brush, leave it 10 or so minutes then buff off with a dry facecloth then remove any excess with a dampened face cloth, and you are left with smooth, hydrated glowing skin.once a week is more than enough, and since u use only a small amount every 1-2 weeks it should last you a long time

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

Girls, For a proper exfoliation you will require a GENTLE face scrub. I will share my top two secrets buys with you all: CLINIQUE 7 Day Scrub $40 which you can literally use daily and focus on the dry or troublesome areas which may be clogged. CHANEL Gommage Eclat $68 which feels and works as amazing as it smells. Both products should last you 4-6 months minimum (and if not you`re using too much!). For those who need a little help from a product with gentle exfoliation acids I recommend seeking a toning lotion such as the Clinique Clarifying Lotions (the strength depends on your skin type).

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

This one is different to the usual microfibre fabric (microfibre usually sticks to my skin?) Its almost like suede. I had one of those hair wraps and its different fabric. But I actually just bought another one the same as the hair wrap from Safeway yesterday for about $4.

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

I`ve had one of those cloths GG, you can buy them at Priceline for about $4 (they also sell matching hair drying turbans), there good as you don`t need to use exfoliant, just your normal cleanser.

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

I use an exfoliating cloth (microfibre?) I can`t remember where I got it though – it`s green and was cheap. Just wet it, ring it out and wipe over face – you can actually see the skin on the cloth. I only use it once or twice a fortnight as I find it to drying on my skin otherwise – you use it without product. I`m loving the sound of bi carb soda though! Might give that a whirl with my usual cleanser. I also have at the moment Yes To Carrots gentle exfoliating mask, which is really nice too. Apply a thin layer, (its like mud) leave for 5 minutes and then take off with a face washer.

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

Heard that oat meal can be used on the face as a gentle exfoliant, haven`t tried it yet.

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

ASAP!
    I normally cant use them as they make my skin break out – this one doesnt!

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

Tried the bi-carb with cetaphil cleanser & found it to be good. I could feel it working, it was had a soft exfoliating action like QV face polish, once my QV polish runs out I will definitely try this again. The 3rd listed ingredient in the QV polish is
    Paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), I expected better of QV 🙁

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

I`ve found those apricot scrubs too harsh for my sensitive skin too – the little kernal bits can scratch your skin (which is obviously not a good thing!). If you have any kind of sensitivity you`re better off getting a scrub that has small round beads to exfoliate (like QV face polish, or the dermalogica ones are great too). Haven`t tried the bi-carb soda idea yet but sounds like a good one too!

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

I found St Ives too harsh for my skin, at the moment im using Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, its good, but im not in love with it.
    Im keen to try Pevonia exfoliant purifiant or the QV gentle face polish.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.