5 yrs, 3 mths ago

What were your favourite beauty discoveries of 2018?

I know we’re already into 2019, but let’s look back on the year that was & discuss our favourite beauty discoveries of 2018.

What were some of your favourite products or gadgets from last year? They don’t have to be new to the market, just new to you.

27 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Mine was the l’occitane cleansing balm- it is the best thing ever and so gentle!! Also the manicare makeup remover towels – they are my 2 favourite things from 2018 I found.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

My favourite will have to go to makeup setting spray!!!!!! I am using the Nyx brand one at the moment.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Love reading about everyone’s faves from last year!!

My fave “discoveries” are:

• The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid, can’t get over how bright, soft and smooth it makes my skin the morning after.
    • Nature Republic Real Nature Manuka Honey Hydrogel Mask, gives me such a moisture infusion!
    • Morphe 35O2 Second Nature Eyeshadow Palette, love them warm shades and pigmentation is great
    • Paul Brown Resurrect Conditioner, lifesaver for my dry hair
    • Lendan Plex Forte, No.2 Bond Filler, can’t even describe how soft and shiny this makes my hair
    • Sunsense Moisturising Face SPF50, my fave item sent to me by BH last year

Now I’m excited for more discoveries this year!!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I think my favourite new product last year would have to be Estee Lauder’s Perfectionist Pro Rapid Firm + Lift Treatment. I’m still singing the praises and still finding it wonderful. I’d never have tried this if I hadn’t been fortunate enough to receive it as a Trial Team product. I’ve not had a lot of BH trials but the success of this has been brilliant. It really is a product that could have been designed for ME.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I agree trish this was an amazing product. The was it made my skincare skin look and feel was incredible!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I couldn`t believe it would work as well as it has, Beauty Obsession, and for me to have something that has no adverse reaction AND also works is wonderful. It`s on my repeat buy list so hope there`s a good Estee Lauder GWP soon that is near me.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I’m always on the lookout for natural deodorants. Last year discovered No Pong (bicarb free one) and also the Woohoo deodorant paste in Mellow which is also bicarb free too. Both have kept the BO away.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I seriously swear by Black Chicken axilla !!!! If anyone is looking for a natural deodorant that actually works, I have repurchased this about 5 times. I know this sounds strange but I actually had slight pains on the inside of my arm pit (like almost like it was under the skin somehow) well that`s when I started searching for natural deodorants and then found axilla, never looked back and no pains ever.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I like that one too fashionista8p but prefer the bicarb free one in that range too. I find the bicarb makes my underarm itch on and off…

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I had a major Trilogy moment last year and loved lots of their products. Plus I finally got round to trying the L’Oreal Pure Clay anti-blemish mask and love what it’s doing for my skin. And that it’s blue and frightens the family 😉

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Current fav (I started using it in December) is House of Immortelle Gentle Milky Cleanser. My skin has never look and felt so good.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Hi Seashells,

I discovered 3 beautiful products. Kiehl’s midnight cleansing oil divine product, it removes makeup, sunblock and leaves my skin so hydrated. Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation perfection it is cult beauty product for a reason. Hourglass confession lipstick so beautiful, hydrating and luxurious.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I found this make-up by accident on facebook last year called adorn cosmetics and you can buy little generous sample pots for $10 each of shades that you would like to try and now I am hooked. From that, I now have two foundations that I love, blusher, mineral powder and concealer.

The make-up and skincare is great for the mature ladies but I would say even if I was 40, I’d would of worn this make-up. Really loving it.

Briony who is the founder of this company is beautiful and her videos she does are so helpful.

Being Aussie made and owned and also not tested on animals is great.

So glad I looked at her site now and not looked back. Just did an order yesterday and it is on its way 🙂

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I’ve about 7 all up that are favourite’s they are:- LOreal Paris Pure Care & Botanicals:- Rosemary Oil Conditioner- I like the way this product makes my hair feel & smells really good too although I bought this product before Christmas I only started using after then & still am using it-(new one).

Banana Boat Sensitive Sunscreen Lotion 50+ Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB 4 Hours Water Resistant- I started using this around Christmas & I much prefer this then the 30+ one in the same brand-(new one).

Nivea Original Care:- Shea Butter Lip Balm- I started using this product last year it was my first one to try out of the whole bunch & definitely be last & only one that I will keep in my bathroom as this one keeps my lips moistured at all time’s-(oldie).

Coconut Water Hydrating Conditioner- I love this product, bought this last year I’ll always have one in my bathroom now-(new one).

TABU Spray Cologne- love this one although I had this many year’s a go it has always been a favourite of mine, bought one last year-(oldie).

Natures Commonscents Natural Goat’s Milk Body Wash with Vitamin E- bought this last year after reading about it in the blog section on here, I’ve only started using this after Christmas but definitely will buy this again-(new one).

Thankyou Foaming Hand Wash:- Botanical Red Ginger & Blood Orange, I bought this last year as well as another from their range but yet to try that one, this is the first foaming hand wash I’ve tried & thought I wouldn’t like it but I actually do.

I’ve other products in my stash that I haven’t tried yet so I will rate them when I get around to trying them but those one’s won’t go on here as I will be trying them this year.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.