5 yrs ago

Earth Hour 2019

Anyone else participating in Earth Hour tonight?

Sign up to switch off at 8.30pm on Saturday, 30 March 2019, and join millions of people in over 180 countries to show the need for stronger climate action.

Sign up here to send a message now to key Australian politicians to urge stronger action on climate change and get Australia back on track to meet its Paris Agreement targets.

https://www.earthhour.org.au/

11 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 5 yrs ago

You usually hear about it all about two days before the event. I hadn’t heard anything this year so didn’t even know.

• 5 yrs ago

I didn’t even realise it was on?! Haven’t heard about this in ages.

• 5 yrs ago

There was a lot more advertising about it when it first started, but now you really don’t hear about it is much anymore. Thank you for the reminder (even if I did miss out).

• 5 yrs ago

Well I participated without even knowing. Had all the grandkids over, they went to bed early, so lights out early. We watched a movie, again, lights out so just a normal day in my household. Mostly living in the dark anyway!!!

• 5 yrs ago

Well our power went off!! So good timing.

• 5 yrs ago

Oh crap! I intend to do this every year, but I always hear about it AFTER the event!

• 5 yrs ago

I only knew about it du to my daughter’s insistence we do it!

Of course you hear about it the next day when they show the opera house and harbour bridge in darkness as well as other landmarks in overseas cities. Wouldn’t like to be a tourist!

By the looks of the comments on here, I was alone in my Earth Hour!

I did receive four auto reply emails from various politcians my email went to.

• 5 yrs ago

I Googled “”Earth Hour 2020″” & set the date in my calendar with a 1-week notification prior.

Earth Hour 2020 will be at 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm on

Saturday, 28 March

All times are in Eastern Australia Time.

• 5 yrs ago

Great forward planning misfortune8 and you can remind us all too, in case my daughters moved out!

• 5 yrs ago

Yeah, OK! I`ll create a thread when I receive my email reminder a week before the event.

• 5 yrs ago

I’ve got my candles burning throughout the house – smells wonderful!

And my laptop is fully charged (and my phone in case I run out of battery) and I feel it’s kind of cheating, but I am switched off from power – using battery!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.