4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Boxing Day Sales 2019

Christmas is done and dusted for another year and Boxing day is tomorrow!
So I decided to start this thread where we can share what amazing Boxing Day Sales are going on, it can be either online or in-store deals!

42 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 4 yrs, 2 mths ago

Other than trying to get my Pandora charms on sale, the only reason why I ventured out was to get my returns and exchanges done. A lot of the shops only give you a week to do the returns or exchanges or lose the money.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I can’t understand the nutters who head straight to the shops on Boxing Day. I’d rather chill out at home & wait a few days before hitting the shops. What’s the rush?

So far in the sales, I’ve picked up some tank tops (they weren’t on sale, but Target sells them cheaply anyway), a half-priced skirt from Witchery that I’d had my eye on, a half-priced pair of shorts from Forever New & another pair of shorts from Portmans that were 30% off. Both the shorts are dressy, so I’m still on the hunt for 1 or 2 casual pairs to wear as well. It’s funny, I never wear shorts because I haven’t found pairs that suit my pear-shaped frame, but thankfully this summer I’ve been able to find some.

I’m trying to be good & stick to my wishlist this time, but temptations are everywhere.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I’m bored. I want to go shopping. But hubby wants to stay home and have a quiet relaxing day :-@

It’s times like this that it really p15sses me off that I’m not allowed to drive, because I would just go and leave him at home.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I haven’t been to the Boxing Day sales in years. I think these days there are bargains and sales all year round. Like end of season sales, half yearly sales, black friday, click frenzy etc – the list goes on.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

TBH I have never bothered with Boxing day sales. I don’t have the energy after the lead up to Christmas and all the money I have spent on food, drink and presents. Boxing day is usually my sloth out day where I can hopefully sleep in and enjoy my presents and chill out with my partner and kids. I think if I really could be bothered chasing up a bargain it would be online or it would have to be something really good to get me braving the carpark rage and crowds. There are so many sales on before Christmas anyway and also Black Friday that I don’t get excited about Boxing Day.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Yeah, December is generally the month people spend/shop the most. Mostly due to sales such as Black Friday and Boxing Day. And Christmas shopping on top of that.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Yeah I preferred online shopping yesterday, the Westfield shopping centre near my house gets too busy on Boxing Day. Though I might go in the next few days as some of the sales are still on.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I considered going to have a wander around the major shopping centre not far from here, but I couldn’t be bothered, and I know it would be pretty feral. Plus I’d have to catch the bus. Ugh! Hubby is on holidays but he’s gone out on a boys day today, so I’m home alone. They’ve gone gold prospecting. My youngest son has got all sorts of interesting equipment and goes nearly every weekend. They’ve hired equipment for hubby and eldest son for today. Here’s hoping they can find some nice big chunks of gold.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Gold prospecting! That’s pretty cool! Though it’s very hot out today.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Look what he found……

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Wow Rose_P that`s a good find. My hubby loves prospecting – where did they prospect if you don`t mind me asking?

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Maryborough (Vic). Son has his favourite spots around there, and Creswick area too.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

My husband used to go to Beechworth but we`ve moved out of VIC now.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

That`s so cool!

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Oh wow! That’s a nice little nugget! That’s so cool.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I know right! Wish one of them could find a HUGE nugget. Youngest son has been doing it for a long time and has built up quite a collection of little pieces that he has found. Eldest son sometimes goes with him but hasn’t gotten lucky. This was hubbys first time. They went to Maryborough (Vic). They said it was hot, mid to high 30s.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

With that being said when your actually outside in the direct heat that’s not fun or pleasant at anything above 30 so I feel for them. He came home with gold though! Literally! Worth it.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Haha that’s not too bad, it was 44 degrees in the shade at my place today according to the professional weather station set up my dad has.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Actually, with temperatures set to soar and free air conditioning in the shops, maybe I will venture out at some stage over the next few days. Hopefully the real chaos has passed and I can just stroll in air conditioned comfort for a few hours with no desperate need to purchase.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

41 forecast here for Monday. Yuck!

I should have gone yesterday while hubby was out, but I just did not have the physical or mental energy to do so. Kicking myself now. I’ve got no hope getting him to go to the shops. He’s on holidays til Thursday.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I know, how revolting. To all those people crying out for summer on 1 Dec because it was cold (yes there was snow, I know)—we’ve had more than enough ridiculously freakin’ hot days in December to last all summer, can we please have some rain and sub-30°C days?

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I am definitely an online shopper 🙂

I bought 4 dresses and some accessories at ASOS. They had 60% off and then threw an extra 15% on top of it. I think it is on til the 28th

And DB has free shipping and the usual free gift with three purchases. But the freebie is nothing fancy: it is the usual brush, foundation sponge or falsie applicator.
    But free shipping is always great when you just get one or two things.

So these were my boxing day buys 🙂

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I will buy online as well but yesterday I went with my husband and son to have a look around, the first shopping centre we went to was really busy, it’s a bigger one with David Jones and myer etc.

The second was much quieter, a local shopping centre with Target, Kmart etc. I got a new handbag at the busier shopping centre and it was so busy at strandbags, You had to weave your way past people and squeeze in closer to the shelves but I was pleased I went, my old handbag was about 5 years old. I did’nt go to a lot of other stores but they were’nt as busy, bags must have been a popular product and it was a small store anyway.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I got my last handbag from Colette and I’m really happy with it. You can usually get them on sale for a good price too. And of course while you are there, you might need to add some jewellery or hair accessories to your collection! I love that place. It’s rare I come out empty handed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.