My Clarisonic has almost worn out, and I'm considering replacing it with a Foreo Luna. Research has come up with heaps of great reviews. Has anyone here got any feedback for me?
I'm particularly interested in the mini (I think).
I have had both the mini and the regular and i have to say the Foreo totally surpasses the Clarisonic. I Had the Clarisonic Mia then the Aria but the charging time is so incredibly long and you only get a couple of weeks at best. With the Luna you charge for an hour and get over 300 uses. I felt and saw a difference in my skin in just two days. If you are willing to pay the extra the standard Luna is good but honestly the mini is just as effective, it does the same job and being a little smaller is actually easier to use. I get a great cleanse from it and my skin just glows, definitely worth the money!
I'm pretty certain YouTuber Chloe Morello uses the Foreo Luna as she's included it in a video with rave reviews, maybe check out YouTube? :)
Thanks for your reply Miss Danger. I ended up buying a Foreo mini, but it was faulty and I had to return it. A replacement is on it's way. I did quite a bit of research and decided that I wanted the mini because of it's smaller size.
My Clarisonic lasts me about 2 - 3 uses between charges, and I need a new brush head. Definitely time for something new. I can't wait to get my replacement Foreo and start using it.
Thanks Friend I will have a look for the video.
How did you go? I have just found out about foreo, is it woth it?
Rose_P, I'm so glad to see you've started this thread because I too am considering the Foreo Luna. How did you go?
I would love to know too! It looks so cute but so expensive!
I got myself a foreo mini - hot pink. It looks sooooo cute :)
The pros -
1) 60 min to charge, and last for about 3 months. This is so much better than clarisonic which takes forever to charge.
2) portable size - very easy to travel around with. Easy to store compared to clarisonic.
3) gentler on the skin compared to clarisonic. Personally I never had problems with clarisonic, but I certainly had friends whom find clarisonic too harsh and causes peeling of the skin.
4) No need to replace any brush - although I think the battery life is about 5 years, then you have to change it.
The cons -
1) takes a while to get used to on holding and maneuvering. Tricky areas around the nose are abit hard to get to.
2) it doesn't exfoliate as well as clarisonic, but then that's why it is more gentle on the skin.
Welcome to the forum jillian!
I recently purchased one too as my Clarisonic was needing to be charged every 2nd day - Poor little thing lasted 2 years.
The reason why I was drawn to the Foreo Lumia Mini was the fact that you didn't have to recharge so much, it was more sensitive on the skin and you don't need to repurchase heads every couple of months. I found with the Clarisonic that my skin started to get a bit irritated from the brush towards the last 6 months of my useage, and I had to drop down from once per day to a couple of times per week only.
Immediately after purchase I had instant thoughts of 'what have I done, what if it's crap, what if all the reviews I read are wrong'. Not to mention my boyfriend thought it was a glorified vibrator... Men!!
After the first use I was actually in love and I let out a huge sigh of relief as even after the first useage my skin felt so soft. It's still such a strange concept that this little vibrating rubber thing can make my skin feel so soft and look so clear.
I did get lots of little tiny bumps on my forehead after the first few uses that have since cleared up and looks great. No other breakouts of any sort.
Going from Clarisonic to the Lumia it's so odd to hold though now I'm used to it, I prefer it to the Clarisonic, it's so little and easy to take away with me!
I thought Clarisonic was lifechanging but the Lumia has won handsdown in this battle.
I didn't have enough points to get the Clarisonic & the eye cream I wanted to try in the last Beautorium, so I'm glad I didn't get the Clarisonic now. I use my fingers like a Philestine!
I've been thinking recently of replacing my clarisonic with the Foreo Luna mini 2 (I think this is a new version out this year) for the long battery life. My clarisonic needs a charge daily which gets pretty annoying as I don't think the battery holds charge well anymore.
Anyone have thoughts on whether I should get the original mini (which has dropped down in price alot) v the new mini 2? From what I can see, the externals look very similar so am keen to hear someone who might have had an opportunity to play with it say what the differences (if any) are.
I had both - "shopaholic"!!!
My personal feelings are:
1) Clarisonic does a better job in cleansing my face. It has some exfoliation features as well depending on what brush heads you use. In fact, some people with sensitive skin finds that clarisonic peels their skin and irritates their skin. The downside, as everybody else has mentioned, the need for regular and long period of recharging time. The replacement brush heads are quite expensive too.
2) Foreo luna - looks cute and easy to carry around. It has an extremely long battery life and hence i tend to bring it when i travel. No need to bring an extra charger! It is gentler on the skin, so far i have not come across anybody complaining it breaking their skin yet. However as i have mentioned, because it is gentler, i don't think it cleanse as well as clarisonic. However, it is definitely better than cleansing using my own bare hands.
I've just recently purchased a Luna and I am not sure if I notice any difference...I used alpha-h triple action cleanser and I'm not sure if it's because it's not a foaming cleanser and I don't see any 'action' happening when I am using it, or maybe I am not using it correctly.
Does anyone use theirs exclusively with a mild exfoliant? I was thinking of switching things up and using it only weekly when exfoliating?
Any tips would be great!
I received a deluxe size sample of this from the recent Rewards Room. I haven't tried Olay moisturisers before but have seen plenty of advertising about it fighting the seven signs of ageing.
Everything about this product was amazing! From the luxe packaging, to the bottle and the metallic looking liquid, I felt like a million bucks!
I always love natural products. this one smell divine! Although natural products take time to see the effective but I think skin should treat something natural.
Hi there Lovelies,
I came across this very enlightening Reddit post that many of you will likely…
Just a quick note to let you know about some role changes here at bh!
As of Monday…
I have a pair of used (but still useable) sneakers. It seems kinda wasteful to just ditch it in the bin…
Help! In need of a new oven and a cooktop within decent price range. Under 1000 for ovens would be great…
J&J and the TGA have recalled the Neutrogena Light Therapy Mask due to potential for eye damage.
Just came across this product recall and thought I'd post it here for anyone interested…