4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Best in Beauty Awards 2019

I have started this thread to let people know that BH has announced the nominated products for the Best in Beauty Awards 2019. Here is the link to vote for your favourite products:

Best In Beauty Awards 2019 – vote now!

Feel free to discuss anything related to the Best in Beauty Awards 2019 on this thread.

249 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

These things look so tricky to use. Practise makes perfect, you will be a pro in no time.

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks Lisa, it`s been a while since I`ve used it so I`ll have to start all over again 😛

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I was able to give the GHD Oracle a second go yesterday. It works! I didn’t do a good job (you can see I missed some sections) but you get the idea. This was using the basic ‘traditional’ curl technique pulling out horizontally.

Overall I’m really happy with it. now that I can get some curls. Sometimes I still had to go over sections twice or three times to get the curls happening, probably because I didn’t quite do it right.

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Your hair looks gorgeous, jupiter! I`m glad you posted us a pic!

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Beautiful hair! I would love to get my hands on an Oracle! Practice makes perfect so keep trying.

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thank you Sparkle, I actually hadn`t used it for a while because I had a haircut earlier in 2020 and my hair wasn`t long enough to use it. It has only just got to the point where it`s long enough to try again. I got it out on the long weekend, ready to go for the next time I`m planning to go out 🙂

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Have you watched this jupiter? Unless you are used to looking in the mirror and using heat tools I like to practice not looking in the mirror until it comes naturally. Just don`t burn your ears!

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks Sparkle yes I have seen those videos from GHD. They make it look so easy don`t they, ha. Thanks for the tip!

• 3 yrs, 3 mths ago

They sure do, lol.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thank you IndieAna and Rose_P, very kind of you both.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Looks really pretty jupiter.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

You have such lovely hair, Jupiter. Good on you for persevering and getting the Oracle to work for you.

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Such an amazing mix of prizes, glad that there are some things in everyone’s packs that they are in ❤️ with. Of course with such variety there are also bound to be some unwanteds, but hopefully you can find them a good home or do some swaps.

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

A huge congratulations MerryGoRound and Talkalot!

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

A big congrats to all the lucky prize winners, so happy that they have arrived in time for Christmas! Enjoy your goodies xx

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Congrats to all the winners! Love seeing all the pics of the prizes!

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Out of curiousity, for those who got their prizes, what was the condition of the items you received? In my case, the items that had box packaging were almost all crushed or damaged. Not a complaint, just wondering if my parcel delivery guy is a bit rough….

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Hi Jupiter all the boxes I received inside of the package were squashed or damaged as well. Because of the way it was packaged with all those products in a bag. Most worryingly my oracle was in a bag on its own and that box was very smashed up, luckily my oracle seems fine though.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks CaitMay, yeah my Oracle box was in it`s own parcel bag and seriously crushed so I took the photo without it since it looked so sad.

I really should plug it in to make sure it works. Must do that today.

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Yea, stuff were handled a bit rough. Boxes a bit dented…etc. And RR goodies packed fast and scratched and tiny bit of leakage…just tiiiiny. Overall happy with it all.

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Ooooh, couldn’t sleep last night from the excitement. 1.30 am I am swatching….The Bobbi Brown palette….omg….shades are beautiful! 3 metallic ones, one alien metal grey-purple-blue thing…omg. One skin colour with very fine sparkle, one matte with intense pigment (must be light on that)…So here’s the thing.
    Don’t wear eyeshadows. Have (had) no palettes. Then Stilleto from Marc Jakobs came out this year. I wanted the the thing since so badly. The theme and these shadows overlap and the one I went nuts for was same form Stilleto palette.
    Thank you Beautyheaven for being telephatic and picking goodies I need and love and use!

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Ha ha so glad to hear how happy you are, Yoh!

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

So now you’ve got a Bobbi Brown highlighter AND a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow palette! Awesome!

I had a look at the pink highlighter when I was in a David Jones last week. It’s gorgeous. So pretty. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of use out of it.

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

….and BB liquid lippy from RR…and Luxe BB lippy I got last year in gold case… and Crushed BB lippy (from last year BH event).. and BB smokey mascara….and BB train case where I keep all the makeup goodies. So ya….kinda BB set for now. haha….even looking to try their serum foundation after I empty my current one. Looks fab

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Very nice!

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

These prize packs are absolutely incredible. Merry Christmas ladies!

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Has anyone recieved a Foreo? Wasn’t it a winning product?

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

No foreos so far. Yeah I was hoping for that 😛

• 4 yrs, 4 mths ago

Unfortunately no foreo’s here so far from what I’ve seen from everyone, I had my fingers crossed for a foreo also. it’s something that I really want to try but can’t currently justify the splurge. Oh well.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.