4 yrs, 8 mths ago

BEST IN BEAUTY 2019 – WISHLIST

Hi everyone

We have heard rumblings of the Best In Beauty event and discussions with BH staff about our wishlist.

I’ll start

Bobbi Brown
MAC
Clinique
Jurlique
Benefit

Now, you guys and go!!

557 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Ouch MerryGoRound that looks nasty! Hope it heals soon and doesn’t leave a scar.

If you are looking for a really look cream to help with healing, try this. I call it my cure all. It’s great stuff. Get it from any chemist.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Thanks Rose, I might have to invest in some of that for next time.

Fortunately it has healed pretty nicely and the scar falls in the crease of my eye too. So I won’t have to forever tell the not-so-heroic story of my prominent scar’s origin like others may have to.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Managed to get 5 reviews written over the weekend and happy to report all 5 received the bonus points.

I’ve only the one left to review that will get the bonus points as per the email. I’ve used other items received but not pushing myself if they don’t attract bonus points (Lovekins liners, Hunter serum).

I did attempt to vote but my laptop froze midway through and even tho I was able to log back in again – but had to start all over – it doesn’t save as you finish each category!

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Good work on the reviews, Kassalee!

I didn`t do well this time, been away last week which didn`t help. I`ll slowly catch up to writing a few but will miss out on the bonus points, which is okay.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Oh I’ve still got so much to review. Pretty much all the face masks as I was unable to get my eye wet for two weeks after a freak cat accident, so couldn’t easily wash/rinse my face after. I’ll miss the double points, but still keen to try and review anyway.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

You were in a car accident MerryGoRound??? Sorry to hear that, I hope you are ok now xx

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Fortunately not quite as drastic as that Indie.

Freak cat accident, whereby over excited kittens playing chasey games around the house, at 5am on a Sunday two weeks ago, ran over my (still trying to sleep) face and a sharp claw split my eyelid open. No swipe, just literally ran over my face, one kitten in hot pursuit of the other.

1.5cm long, 0.5 cm wide, ouch. I didn’t get a shot of it wide open, was too concerned with trying to fix it and have minimal damage.

Some quick action first aid, literally rinsing out and then pinching the lid together for a few hours until the chemist opened and i could buy and apply steristrips. A few images below of pinched and partially fused eyelid, then amateur steristrip application—actually really hard with one eye closed, so no depth perception.

Monday morning at doctor just to check all was ok. Ended up with tetanus booster, antibiotics but fortunately no stitches due to that early first aid (otherwise would have needed two apparently).

Ah kittens—it’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Eyes are scary! Nothing freaks and upsets my husband more than someone hurting their eye. Hope your back to playing with your skincare and makeup products.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Freaked me out a lot too Okatko! Feel very fortunate that it wasn’t worse. Am ok now for trying everything except eye products, but am away camping for next week so probably still won’t get those last few bonus points.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Omg, sorry MerryGoRound, I can read, I promise, lol, what a dill I am! In saying that, nasty cut on the eye from your kitty, ouch!

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Indie I read it as car too! I think it’s just what our mind jumps too when there is a word starting with a c right before accident. Our brain assumes the word and jumps to the next one.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I think you`re right, Okatko, it doesn`t help that I`m usually watching YouTube on my phone while reading through the forum, so am easily distracted, lol.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Gee, MGR, that would sting like crazy. I hope you`re a good healer.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Ouch! Glad you were able to think quickly & apply first aid to the area – getting stitches isn`t fun. Hope you can heal quickly.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Ouch! Sorry that it happened MerryGoRound, I hope it heals quickly.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Woooo….glad it was just a lid! Take care and heal fast Mgr !

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Quick thinking MGR and appreciate the first aid post – never know when this might happen!

Glad you didn’t get a shot of it wide open!

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Oh my MerryGoRound … You were drive by catted 😀

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Hahahaha! Love it, Meedee

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

hehe…..I remember why my kitties were kittens and they ran over me in the middle of the night…..scared the hell out of me….LOL

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Did anyone get their points for completing the event survey?

I haven’t and as they were due over a week ago on 16th sept, thought they’d be awarded soon after.

Add it to the list!

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Do you still have the email from the event survey? I didn`t think this one included getting extra points

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Survey email came from Eleni on 10/9/19 dara and as Tigerlily has said, even after you’ve completed the survey, you can still go back in! Makes you wonder if you did complete it – but same thing happened last event.

Points are mentioned when you go into the survey

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Nice spotting!! I missed that, but also definitely haven`t received the points either haha 🙁 damn

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Awesome! Did not see this!

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I do not think so.

This is an email we got:
        “”Hi Beauty,

We were so happy to have you join us at our Best In Beauty Marketplace for 2019 on the weekend!

We hope you had fun and enjoy all the goodies you picked up. Please tell us what you think of the products by reviewing the items you received at https://www.beautyheaven.com.au/

If you review any of the products you received on the day by the 27th of September you will receive double points!

Voting for the Best In Beauty for 2019 also opens on the 16th of September, so if you are loving something, be sure to show your support and let the brands know by casting a vote!

Furthermore please fill out the following survey to let us know what your thoughts were on the day and to help us to continue to improve the events we hold.

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!””

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

An email on 19 September from BH says if you missed out on scoring these goodies at the marketplace,….review by 4 October for double points.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

ooh i didnt get that email. So I`ve got a few more days to try tstuff out and review? I can give my face a break from masks lol

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Selected ones I presume, ones mentioned in the email (glo lab cream, hunter stick [giggling], purple shampoo JF, curl cream JF, Syrene mask, Uber cream, dragon blood cream [mmmm], sensori mist, gummy drops, olay microsculpt cream, regular pads, minnesey mask kit, lelllure mist)… not all received for trial (like minessey serum, lovekins liners, hunter oil, olay whip, olay magnemask).

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Ah, no, thanks for the prompt Kassalee, I didn’t actually realise there were any points associated with completing the survey. I obviously didn’t read the email and was happy to provide the feedback. But I will add this to my list of missing points.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

No survey points for me either, and I definitely completed it.

I only started submitting my reviews last night so I`ll see what comes through today in regards to points.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Kassalee no survey points here either. I do know I did it although I didn’t save any evidence of doing so. When I go into the survey link I still get the form rather than a line to say it’s been completed!!!

I also thought double points were for all those products at the event. It’s getting very difficult to track what does get bonus points and what is just a glitch.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I got mine but from memory I did it a second time because it still appeared as I hadn`t submitted it and then it worked, something happened the first time I tried it so I did it a again after a few days & it seemed to have worked and points added.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Does anyone know why we didn’t get bonus points for the Hunter Labs Face oil?

I only got 5 points.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I only got 5 points for that initially too. It was one of my earliest reviews so I knew it was within the timeframe, etc. Jess added another 5 points for it (along with a batch of other missing points from the Rewards Room reviews) when I emailed her.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

So far I haven`t received bonus points for any of the 5 reviews that I`ve submitted (got 5 points for all of them).

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

That’s so strange.

Does anyone know who we contact?

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Planning to do a lot of reviews on the weekend but if it’s unclear what we receive bonus points for, might stick to the ones on the email!

Was going to review the Hunter face oil too as I finished the bottle last night – one I received via post before the event.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I checked my points – survey nothing yet (after natural beauty event the survey was sent 6/8 and my points were given 21/8), the email doesn`t say extra points although when you go to the survey it does. I got bonus points for Lellure, Syrene mask, Hunter cleanser, gummies, room spray. I didn`t get bonus points for the Olay whip, Hunter scrub or the Syrene o/n mask reviews.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

From earlier comments, some of us got the Olay Illuminating Magnemasks as one of product choices from Olay. I was trying to look up more information online but turns out that you can’t buy it anywhere anymore (with or without the magnet). I checked Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, Coles, Woolworths websites. The other varieties of the magnemasks (hydrating or rejuvenating) in jars or in a starter kit (with magnet) are still available.

So the ‘illuminating’ variety may be discontinued? I don’t mind at all getting to try it (the ingredients look good!), but it seems odd that Olay would offer products at the BIB event for items that they no longer distribute to retailers (our reviews wouldn’t generate more sales for them). Very odd.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Illuminating version is sold currently in Singapore it seems…possibly Asian market (as a””whitening kit””). The kit is made in China. Maybe it comes later on our shelves

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I noticed that a couple of BIB products that I submitted reviews for early last week that I didn’t recommend and gave 3 stars have not been published, yet another one I submitted later with a positive feedback got published quickly even though it was done days after.

Has anyone else experienced the same? I wonder if they hang on on the not so positive reviews for longer to add brand response etc.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Ok those two BIB reviews have just been approved after a week, no brand response so I`m not sure what caused the delay compared to my other reviews.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

my delayed review for the Lellure spray has just been published too with no brand response. That definitely has mixed responses, I went through and found:
        I did notice that someone (who has done lots of reviews) said it didn`t hydrate, didn`t shimmer and only had a faint smell but gave it 4 stars. I wonder if they have a batch problem so some people found it did what it claimed and some didn`t. It`s scored 4/5 from 81 responses but that doesn`t really reflect the scoring.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I gave it less than 4 stars too (not sure how many I actually gave it now), but my review has just been approved this morning too.

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

I haven’t reviewed anything just yet as (a) I’ve got a bit of writer’s block & (b) I want to be absolutely sure about things before I hit post.

The reason I say that is I thought I had a definite positive opinion about the UberZinc, however, in the last 48 hours I’ve broken out in what appears to be blind pimples on my right cheek & near the right side of my nose. Both spots appear red & inflamed & I’m doing my best to get them to go away. I’m wondering if the UberZinc has something to do with it or it’s something else I’m doing (like being naughty & breaking my sugar pseudo-ban), but I’m giving it a break for now to see if that makes a difference.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

Just an update on the UberZinc: I`m afraid that product is now a no-go for me. I used it again yesterday for the first time in over a week & developed another blind pimple kinda situation. Came home after being out yesterday & discovered a red & somewhat raised patch near where the first one came up (on my right cheek, smack bang in the middle of a biopsy scar I have from my skin cancer diagnosis years ago), which suggests a blind pimple.

There must be something in the UberZinc`s ingredient list that`s causing this to happen, but I don`t know what. Could be the richness of the cream, could be the orange scent, could be the cetearyl alcohol as the 8th ingredient, could be all 3. It`s such a shame as I`d been enjoying using it & was fine using it daily for about 2-2 1/2 weeks, but I`m not going to risk any further inflammation by continuing to use it.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

It’s suppose to be good for inflamed and acneic skin Seashells!

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

And sensitive skin too. :o( Unfortunately my skin has stopped gelling with it for some reason and I`m reluctant to give it a 3rd chance because I don`t want another bump popping up. My skin works in mysterious ways….

It completely sucks because I liked the product. I`ve written a review for it, but it`s pending because I spoke about this very experience in my review.

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Having a block too…did review easy one, pads, as I got periods next day after the event. That was easy. And oil.

Just recently had a trial…and if the time limit was not an issue…that one would score even less…eeekk…also got pimples and finally figured out that the both formulations were the culprit! By isolation method: using only that product on, nothing else…and one formula at the time. Stuff is …ya…pimple forming, not a nice ones either….but juicy…and i do not get these any more! My diet though…always same…so this excludes food triggers.

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Sounds like we’ll be having a review writing festival this weekend Seashells and Yohanna, ’coz I’m in the same boat. Have submitted two, no three so far. Two I had an almost immediate reaction too and one that I tried a few days running very early on.
        But then I got stuck on where to go next and how to differentiate the effects of individual products. Some I want to give the longest possible opportunity to work—collagen gummies—others I am trying on various parts of face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, to try to keep them separate. I’ve even been using two different products on either side of my face (fortunately none are showing drastic effects that people might notice the difference, I’d be regretting that decision now if that had been the case, but it also means no miracle results).

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

I just want to mention something about the Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream Frangrance Free Moisturiser that some of us got from the event. You would think that it’s exactly the same as the original/scented version, just without fragrance, but it’s not!

With the original/scented version, the anti-aging peptide palmitoyl-pentapeptide 4 (also known as Matrixyl) is the very last ingredient in the ingredients list. With the fragrance-free version, that peptide is much higher up the list:

> WATER, glycerin, ISOHEXADECANE, NIACINAMIDE*, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, NYLON-12, dimethicone, PANTHENOL**, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE***, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4^, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT^^, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE^^^, allantoin, STEARYL ALCOHOL, POLYETHYLENE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, dimethiconol, SODIUM PEG-7 OLIVE OIL CARBOXYLATE, PEUCEDANUM GRAVEOLENS (DILL) EXTRACT, PEG-100 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, citric acid, C12-13 PARETH-3, LAURETH-7, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, titanium dioxide, MICA. *VITAMIN B3, **PRO-VITAMIN B5, ***VITAMIN E, ^AMINO-PEPTIDE, ^^GREEN TEA, ^^^ALOE VERA

Niacinamide is at the same position for both. So given the choice between the two, go for the fragrance-free version, better bang for your buck in terms of the peptide.

I’ve written to Olay about this, they wouldn’t come out and say that the peptide concentration is higher in the fragrance-free version, only that “… the way the ingredients are listed on our packaging goes from top to bottom, the top being the highest level/concentration and most bottom being the lowest level/concentration.” I suppose that’s a partial confirmation.

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

That’s a very clever pick up Jupiter ☺️

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Ha don`t know about clever CaitMay, just a bit OCD with ingredients 😛

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Yes! Saw this too Jupiter! Thank you for emailing

After Angie, hot and flashy yt- er mentioned that she uses it sometimes as it is good basic cheaper (in us) moisturizer with that peptide and b3, i thought…what, it is so perfumed and peptide is last…as then we did not have fragrance free version. Now I know what she was on about.

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Yeah I think the fragrance free version is a good basic anti-aging moisturiser with niacinamide + palmitoyl pentapeptide 4, for those who want to keep their skincare routine simple without having to use serums (I have friends in that category). Especially when Olay is half price 🙂

Personally I would go for the higher percentages of actives in serums 🙂

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

I meant it as a topper. If you need correction..basic moisturizers just do not cut it! Serum layering…with good concetration of goodies…then only those who need ( dry skin , overnight to prevent too much moisture loss etc) the stuff, add over serums…this one is ok basic one with extra b3, peptide.

I do not use moisturizers…but for trial purposes and when using retinols i apply overnight over serums. Day time hard, my face gets too shiny

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Yeah moisturisers can`t contain enough of the actives in general. You are right in that the Olay regenerist could be used as a topper. I do use the Olay on top of my serums at night (a bit too rich for my skin type for day time) since we got it at the event, but I probably wouldn`t repurchase for myself the sake of the niacinamide/matrixyl in it. I already have TO 10% niacinamide and matrixyl 10% for that 😛

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

Same Jupiter!!! Lol xD TO lineup is on my face

• 4 yrs, 7 mths ago

I have started a thread for the Best in Beauty Awards 2019 for nominated products etc:

https://www.beautyheaven.com.au/forums/industry-watch/best-in-beauty-awards-2019?page=0#comment-0

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.