4 yrs, 3 mths ago

2020 Pantone Colour of the Year

Pantone introduces a new shade for each year, and this year’s shade is called Classic Blue. I have posted beauty-related inspiration for Pantone’s shades for a few years now. I wasn’t going to do it for this year because I doubt that Pantone has much influence on how consumers use makeup, but then I changed my mind … so here goes:

47 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 4 yrs, 2 mths ago

I was looking for a makeup look inspired by Pantone’s colour of the year for 2020, and I had to post this from a recent BH article. I like navy blue eyeshadow or eyeliner paired with brown eyeshadow, but this eye makeup is a bit more creative.

EDIT: I’ve done a cut and paste so that the focus is on the eye makeup.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I love blue!!

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Blue eyeshadow was fashionable when I was a teenager in the 80s.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Blue mascara came back into fashion when I was a teen in the late 90`s. I used to wear it a fair bit if I were having a night out.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I like blue fingernails and toenails and i have heaps of blue clothes but I don’t wear blue makeup.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I think navy liner is as far as I`ll go in the blue makeup department. I like looking at blue eyeshadows, but I just know I`ll never wear them. I`ve got a couple of blue shadows in a limited edition bareMinerals palette (the Aurora Lights one from Christmas 2018) and I still haven`t touched them, preferring the neutrals/browns (although I have worn the pink/berry shades from that together).

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

… or Endora from Bewitched:

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Many people avoid blue eyeshadow because they don’t want to look like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show:

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I`ll do blue hair, nails, eyeliner & even lippy, but I still doubt I`ll wear blue eyeshadow.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Blue is my colour! Love!

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Personally, I’m a pink girl. But blue comes in a very close second. Love your work Petal!

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

I do love me some blue (currently sporting blue toenails myself), so I’m happy to see this be the colour of the year. I prefer it over last year’s colour.

• 4 yrs, 3 mths ago

Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.