5 yrs, 4 mths ago

2019 Pantone Colour of the Year

Pantone has announced that its colour for 2019 is Living Coral. I have collated some cosmetics that reflect this shade in the following posts. Some products are a close match to Living Coral; while other products have slightly more orange in them.

53 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

For anyone that is interested in makeup in coral shades, you may like this video by a YouTuber called Zabrena:

I’ve been following Zabrena for a while – she’s very talented with eyeshadow application. She also provides lots of dupes for high end products.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks Petal. I’ve just watched a couple of her videos.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

ooooo I like the colour! I think it will really suit my skin tone!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

cant wait to embrace coral!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I’ll have to go a few shades darker with the fake tan, but bring on the coral!!!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Me too!!! I’m a huge fan of coral! Happy happy happy!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I love love coral!! So happy with the selection!!

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Beautiful color but absolutely hateful by my skin tone…can’t even go near the clothes or make up in this color 🙁

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Ah, I saw this announced & was waiting for Petal to create a thread.

You’ve been gone a while, Petal! It’s great to see you back on the forum, I hope you’re well!

• 5 yrs, 4 mths ago

Beautiful colour and so flattering in the makeup arena.

Just really don’t understand….what is the point of this “Colour of the year”? No one will impose upon me what the colour of any time of the day, year, week , month….is!

This year I was so into silvery grey and deep royal blue. This really helped me to literally lower my body temperature and cool me down on all levels. Would not even know what to do with coral. Except wear my lippy in coral…but prefer cool tones

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

Yohanna, I only post information about Pantone`s colour of the year so that I can inject some colourful makeup inspiration into the forums. I don`t follow trends, so Pantone`s colour selections don`t influence my purchasing decisions.

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

I know Petal. I was just ranting…as usual….about these companies. That do business. Imposing their stuff. But it is up to consumers to be sucked into it. And you are very right. Sometimes inspo is needed to some (companies, people…). Humans are creative by nature, but some have no time for that stuff (working and surviving 24/7)

Was just listening some random talk from business magnet, co founder of pay pal, engineer/chairman of Tesla, CEO of SpaceX, Neuralink…and who knows what else, Elon Musk. He basically does whatever comes to his brains. So he had time to make hats, about 20 000 and earn a million on them. Sold in 4 days. Just because … why not. People would throw $$$ at anything. So he gives them stuff to throw $$ at. Not just gadgets, Tesla cars. And space programs…

Waay off topic…ya, I rant too much

• 5 yrs, 3 mths ago

As far as I know, the Color of the Year has a 9-year history so far. What colour is ultimately chosen by Pantone greatly influences and guides future products produced in a variety of creative industries like fashion, industrial design, product packaging, graphic design, etc.

Coral has been described as “”buoyant, vibrant and effervescent”” – which is what Pantone projects is what the year ahead will signify or at least what they would like it to.

I personally love coral, but each to their own of course.

• 5 yrs, 4 mths ago

I love how you compile these Pantone Colour of the Year threads, Petal. I think coral is a gorgeous colour.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.