7 yrs, 2 mths ago

1000 hour tint

Hi Ladies,

I was hoping to get some tips & help from anyone using the 1000 hour eyelash tint. I’ve tried using it several times but just can’t get the hang of it. I’ve used their applicators and my own also tried with an ear bud but still can’t get it on the tips of my eyelashes! Can someone please give me some advice on the best way to mix it and apply to eyelashes?

32 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

1000 Hour Lash & Brow Dye Kit gives no smudge permanent colour for eyelashes and brows that lasts for four to six weeks. It is quick and easy to use, and produces beautiful results. It is safe to use and just watch a tutorial to get this right. It is a simple step by step process.

• 4 yrs, 2 mths ago

Think I’d be to scared to do this myself, would be worried I’d botch it .

• 4 yrs, 2 mths ago

I’m thinking about using this tint. How much of a difference do you guys find it makes? I have quite light eyelashes so I’m looking for something that would make them more noticeable.

• 4 yrs, 2 mths ago

I just revisited this forum again and still considering doing this. I too have light eyelashes (maybe they are even grey to match my natural hair ha ha). The comments do make it look quite easy, with perseverance. I know having tinted eyelashes makes a huge difference overall and no need for mascara to open they eyes which is why I use mascara anyway.

• 4 yrs, 2 mths ago

I’d definitely recommend the 1000 Hour Dye. You might want to take a look at some of the BH reviews for it.

• 4 yrs, 2 mths ago

Yes, I keep checking it out and the reviews, so many are pleased with this and the tricks and suggestions make it seem reasonably easy to do. I am still considering, as my lashes are so pale now but just setting aside the time and the inclination to start is my problem now.

• 4 yrs, 6 mths ago

I was searching the forum pages for eyelash tinting and found this one with so much help from those using this product. When I was younger I did get my lashes tinted, great for summer time and swimming, but I do recall having to keep my eyes shut. Also some treatments put a wax type product on the skin around eyes to prevent skin colouration. How do others do their own then? Do you put wax or something to stop skin colouring and how do you do your eye lashes if eyes are closed?

Any recommendations to where to get a good lash colour treatment in Sydney or Illawarra area?

• 4 yrs, 5 mths ago

I used vaseline the first few times (yeeeaaaaars ago), but it was hard not to get it on my lashes too. My skin isn`t prone to staining, so now I don`t bother using anything apart from the dye itself.

• 4 yrs, 5 mths ago

Thanks misfortune8, I remember that being used too but I also remember these waxy strips that worked so much better. I haven’t had lashes dyed for a couple of decades but really want to start again for some eye definition.

• 4 yrs, 5 mths ago

It is pretty easy to dye your own lashes Am1851. It is very much like hair dye, and doesn’t stain the skin, so no need to put anything on the skin to prevent it, although the kits do come with paper shields to place under the eye, but I find them cumbersome and unnecessary. I usually just use a cottonbud to remove any excess colour on the skin.

It’s a lot like applying a mascara, but more gloopy, and you don’t need to keep your eyes closed, making it possible to do both eyes, and go about your normal routine while it develops. I think in the salon it’s just easier for the beautician when you have your eyes shut.

I always do my own, so I don’t have any salon recommendations.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

I thought the shields were annoying too. It made the whole process that more fiddly.

• 4 yrs, 5 mths ago

Thanks Chicklet, what brand do you use? I haven’t dyed my lashes for a couple of decades now but think it’s time I tried again.

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks again, will re-attempt on the weekend haha. Although I keep getting it in my eyes if I go to close to the base 🙁

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

i definitely am going to try the whisking motion

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

I agree with Chicket, the closer you can apply the tint to the base of your lashes, the better it looks.

My technique is to use a whisking motion.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

Hi m8. Hoping you can help (or anyone else). I bought the 1000 tint. My problem is adding the developers liquid. Instructions said 10 drops but mine literally poured out. I lost half the bottle. Is there a trick to the bottle?

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

You must have a dodgy one, Okatko! Usually, you just get a drop at a time. My current one has to be shaken to get each drop out. I`d contact the company – you might get a free replacement or a refund.

chemcorp.com.au/pages/contact-us

Let us know how you go.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

Thanks misfortune8. I thought maybe the insert had to be pulled out or something.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

It does pay to complain: I recently posted a negative review on the Product Review website – the company (Nestlé) contacted me for more info, then sent me a $20 Eftpos card! (I only spent $6.30 on the product in question)

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

Was your negative review on their tinned coffee and milk m8? My mum and sister are not happy as this product now tastes completely different – at first they thought it was off – ewww!

Compared the label with another in the cupboard and it’s now Made in Spain! My mum phoned them to say how unhappy she was after using this product for decades (50 + years) and the lovely lady offered to reimburse her – she declined – it’s not about the money. Poor woman had had many complaints – milk in Spain is not the same as Aussie milk.

The original and the best had a gold lid – one from Spain has a silver lid – wonder which country will take out the bronze!

They tried to buy any older stock but WW had a half price special on so shelves empty! I tried at my local WW but same. Managed to find 3 gold ones at Coles for them.

They won’t be buying it again and I’m going to check their condensed milk and stock up in case it moves to production in Spain.

Sad that we have to import from overseas because of cheaper price when we have the best here.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

It was actually a different product, Kassalee: they`ve got new Nescafé Latte sachets that are 98% sugar-free. They taste like earwax! Yuck!

That`s a bugger about your Coffee & Milk now being made in Spain! I might stock up on condensed milk, too – just in case! I`ll make sure to read the country of origin.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

Yes m8 do stock up on the Condensed Milk as I picked up 4 x tins from a Metro WW near work – with the gold lid and Made in Australia.

Checked with mum and in her cupboard, she has one with silver lid and Made in Spain!

She`s yet to open and try it, but asked me to pick her up a few Made in Australia tins with the gold lid – in case Made in Spain tastes awful.

Strangely, the Made in Australia (old stock)have a use by of JUL2022, yet the Made in Spain (new stock) have a shorter use by of FEB2022!

I use Condensed Milk in cooking – usually only at Christmas

She told me my brother came around to her place (she makes him a coffee after he`s done her mowing) and she warned him he was having the last of the good aussie Coffee & Milk.
        After it, he said I`ll try the one from Spain – took one mouthful and said “”don`t bother buying that again!”” So, that`s a NO from him!

Sneaky Sneaky Nestle!

Came across a list of Nestle deleted products current at March 2019 in case you wonder whatever happened to …..

https://www.nestle.com.au/sites/g/files/pydnoa356/files/asset-library/documents/nestle%20deleted%20product%20list%20march%202019.pdf

hmmm I can`t get the link to work – probably need to print it off and take a photo and attach it – tomorrow

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

Thanks, Kassalee! I only use it at Xmas, too – I`ll look out for the gold lidded tins.

Your link worked for me, but in case it won`t open for others, try this: Nestlé Deleted Products

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

Thanks m8 you are AWESOME! I thought its best I not put up photos of these 2 pages in this 1000 hour tint forum – I`ve gone off topic! And don`t really want to create a forum topic – not relevant to beautyheaven.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

I was running out the door when I posted earlier. Your image kept playing in my mind, so I went & had a look at my bottles. I`ve got an old pack in use – older than 12 months, but I`ve still been using it – & an unopened one.

I opened the new one & it`s got a new design dropper with a tiny plastic funnel leading deep into the bottle. I just did a test run of my new pack & carefully tried to release one drop of developer liquid, but a whole lot gushed out – about 10 drops in one go! Their new design is clearly flawed – it`s not a dripper, it`s a pourer! I might email them to complain, myself – these are no good!

Left pic: My older pack with a conventional neck insert dropper.
        Right pic: My new pack with a different type of dropper.

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Hi misfortune8. Just reporting back. I used the site you gave me and I had a response within the week. I received a replacement package late last week. I was told they have changed the bottle due to feedback about the drops not coming out readily. I mentioned that they now come out too fast and suggested a “”pour-to”” marker on the mixing tray might be a solution.

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Ah, good onya, Okatko!

I also emailed, but I didn`t receive a reply or freebie – but I mentioned that about 10 drops spilled out in one go, so no wastage. Yes, the old neck insert dropped could be tedious, but the new one is worse! Even if they had no insert, just an open-necked bottle, at least users could see it & then be extra careful. I hope they make another change.

• 2 yrs, 9 mths ago

Thanks misfortune8. I`ve just done it. I used an old childrens panadol dropper. I`ve written a draft of my review and might send it to them. If they explain how the bottle is supposed to work then I can include it in my review.

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

It is quite tricky to apply (but worth the effort). I apply it really quite thickly on my lashes (like the texture misfortune8 has shown in the photo) and work the wand back and forth across the lashes to apply. I push right to the base, and sometimes I go from underneath to get the very ends covered. It looks like a gluggy mess on my lashes, but works.

It helps a lot to get the consistency right (too thick is better than too thin as it is harder to apply when thin). It shouldn’t thicken over time. Also make sure your lashes are dry when you begin. Because I use it thickly, when it has developed, I use a tissue to get it all off prior to rinsing.

I wouldn’t use mascara with it when applying, as that would create a layer between your eyelashes and the dye and I would think make it not work.

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks ladies!

I’ve tried the mascara underneath and still didn’t work.

misfortune8 I will try the consistency you mentioned and try get it foamy. I tried again last night and it became very thick – maybe I didn’t have enough of the liquid? Or maybe took me to long and began to thicken! Arrghh so frustrating .. This will now be my 4th time attempting 🙁

I just can’t get it on my tips.. Maybe I need to get my husband to apply it for me LOL!

• 7 yrs, 2 mths ago

I love 1000hr tint & I’ve been buying it for years. I buy the brown for my brows & black for my lashes. I know what you mean about difficult application. The wand they include is OK for brows, but for lashes, it’s like putting on mascara with a toothpick. I find getting close to my skin is the hardest bit. For a while I used a washed old mascara wand, but now I’ve been using the comb end of a cheapie brow brush & comb.

My tip is to make sure it’s mixed until it’s a mousse like foam consistency. When you keep mixing until it gets this consistency, it’s much easier to apply.

I wish I could better capture the frothiness in this pic. Don’t forget to always use a timer!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.