13 yrs, 9 mths ago

Lift Esteem

I am 42 years old and am seriously overweight, am seeing a dietician and really now just need to get truly motivated. I have just found BH recently and I have found that just by reading all of the great hints and tips and all the wonderful positive feedback, that I am taking more care of me and although I am a beauty junkie from way back, I am feeling more up with the trends and my spirits have been lifted. Has anyone else found BH has helped their esteem?

5,074 comments 206 voices

Replies

• 9 mths, 2 wks ago

@Petal – thanks for that as it was always a great thread where if you needed to vent whether medical or feeling depressed or whatever, ladies came in here and I know it always helped them. So thank you Petal 🙂

• 9 mths, 2 wks ago

Post reported as spam.

• 9 mths, 2 wks ago

@Jatz, I saw your post on another thread where you were looking for the self esteem thread. This might be the one that you are talking about. Ii found it by doing a Google search

• 1 yr, 2 mths ago

Ayurvedic skin care
    This is an ideal balance of cooling, soothing,organic properties of a variety of natural herbs and ingredients blended to perfection to give flawless skin.. Ayurvedic skin care products is naturala and uses herbal remedies.

• 2 yrs ago

Seashells, so pleased all is well with your Dad. Now is the time to dedicate to yourself.

• 2 yrs ago

@Seashells Great to hear your dad is all clear. My dad had stomach cancer over 15 years ago, had his stomach removed and has been cancer free since with no chemo required.

Sometimes we put ourselves on the backburner without realising we have to look after ourselves so that we can look after others.

• 2 yrs ago

That’s great news about your dad, @Seashells!

As for your own health, you seem to have put it on the back burner, so I’m glad you’re finally getting these things checked out. Good luck getting answers. I especially hope your skin check goes OK – you’ve left that far too long, girl!

• 2 yrs ago

@Seashells – this is my 3rd attempt at writing to you yet again. Great news re your dad and his health is going so much better now.

Not great to hear re your health is now under the hammer. I’ve had problem years for years and years and I have seen an ENT countless times for problems. Those hearing tests are like, yes I can hear it, just. Thankfully my ears haven’t been too bad lately but then I always have to wear cotton balls whenever I wash my hair and not go under water when swimming.

Keep us posted though on how you go Seashells.

• 2 yrs ago

Really pleased about your Dad, @Seashells and also pleased you’re getting your own health issues checked out. Hoping for a good outcome. Take care.

• 2 yrs ago

Since @Jatz has prompted me, I better give an update on my dear ol’ dad…

So he went & saw the oncologist, who basically said the same thing as his surgeon: chemo was unnecessary as the surgery had removed all of the cancer, so in a nutshell my dad is cured of cancer, HOORAH!

Now with that + my dad’s recovery out of the way, I felt it was time *I* went & looked after myself as I have a couple of minor health issues outstanding. I haven’t had a skin cancer check in over 3 years – going for that in just over 2 weeks – and I have an issue with my right ear that has been festering for years, so I went & saw an ENT last Thursday. Have to go for a hearing test + a blood test ASAP as she wants to check me over for allergies (minor issue with my right nostril), both of which will be occuring soon. Worse case scenario: I have allergies + have to have an MRI to check for inner ear loss, which I *may* have (my hearing out of my right ear isn’t 100% tbh). Might even have to have surgery on my ear, but again, will cross that bridge when I come to it.

My mental health also hasn’t been great of late either, but I largely blame that on the weather (seriously Mother Nature, will you stop raining cats & dogs on Sydney/NSW coastal areas please & thank you) & being cooped up in a mould-y house. Honestly, I’m exhausted by the world & myself sometimes! 🙄😒

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.