9 yrs, 1 mth ago

Parlux 3800 hairdryer

I’m really excited and I’m sure all the beauties here are the only ones who will understand! I just bought a new hairdryer. The parlux 3800 in purple. Can’t wait to try it out (its on its way in the mail). There was so many pretty colours it was hard to choose.

I have only ever owned one hair dryer, the vidal sassoon (vs) ion shine 2000. It was ok, nothing spectacular, and after 6+ years of use it overheats most of the time when I use it. I think it only lasted this long cause I only use it once a week max. Takes so long to dry my hair! I also recently bought a Remington which was a total flop it burnt out after 5 mins of use so I returned it and got my money back, vowing to get something worth my hard earned dollars. So I settled on the parlux. I am expecting great things!

Does anyone else have this dryer and what are your thoughts? Any tips or tricks? I was torn between the 3800 and the 385. Hope I made the right decision. I also got the diffuser as I have wavy hair and would like to try it out (the vs just made my hair turn into a fluffy mess with the diffuser)

18 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 4 yrs, 9 mths ago

Bumping this up as I’m looking at buying the Parlux 385 Light, is anyone currently using this, can you recommend it. It seems to have good reviews. Have been looking at it on Adore Beauty.

• 8 yrs, 5 mths ago

Great to hear you love it!
    I’ve had mine for about 4 years or so now, and it’s still as great as it was on day 1.
    It’s used daily and is still perfect.
    Cut drying time by half compared to my last hairdryer.
    Would recommend to anyone searching this!

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

I just wanted to update in case anyone is following this. I have grown to really love and appreciate the parlux! It does dry my hair much quicker than my old dryer (I use it on high heat to med/fast speed) and it is really well made, I feel it will last me a lifetime (10+ years) it doesn’t overheat at all and dries my hair easily with or without a barrel brush. The air this thing pumps out is super powerful and fast. Anyway I love it. Recommended! Any questions feel free to ask.

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

Ooh let me know how it is Jodie! My 3800 came today. It is very compact and sturdy. Much smaller than my old dryer and very powerful! It seems very well made. I do find it a little heavy though, kinda wish I got the 385 now. And it still left my hair fluffy/frizzy like my old dryer and I’m not sure it was any quicker, however I was messing around with the speed/heat switches (still not certain which is which?), nozzles and brush/no brush trying to work out what works best. Hopefully after a few more uses I figure out what works for me. I was hoping for a smooth, sleek finish but it hasn’t delivered that today 🙁

What I’ve worked out from mine is that the red switch is the heat, the blue switch is the speed. I’m not sure if it’s the same on the 3800 as it is on my 3500, but that’s what I worked out after a few uses. I really wish Parlux would put that info in their tiny instruction booklet, it would save some hassles.

My hair still ends up a bit fluffy, but I’ve found that working a good hair oil/cream into it beforehand does help a little with that (right now I’m using a bit of bhave’s riot control serum/oil, can’t recommend it enough). I don’t think you’re going to get a really sleek look with just the dryer alone tbh – you’d have to run over your hair with a straightener as well.

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

And I am pretty sure the 385 is much smaller and less powerful too. So don’t stress too much 🙂
    I have heard really good stuff about these dryers!

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

I have looked at the stock photos but I think sometimes they don’t look the same as when you have them in your own hands if you know what I mean? All good though if you don’t want to post a personal photo.

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

Could one of you lovely ladies post a pic of the 385 in fuschia? I really want to see how it looks (what I’m missing out on?) I think I have a case of buyers remorse right now!
    I do think my purple one is beautiful but I was considering the pink too!

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

Ooh let me know how it is Jodie! My 3800 came today. It is very compact and sturdy. Much smaller than my old dryer and very powerful! It seems very well made. I do find it a little heavy though, kinda wish I got the 385 now. And it still left my hair fluffy/frizzy like my old dryer and I’m not sure it was any quicker, however I was messing around with the speed/heat switches (still not certain which is which?), nozzles and brush/no brush trying to work out what works best. Hopefully after a few more uses I figure out what works for me. I was hoping for a smooth, sleek finish but it hasn’t delivered that today 🙁

• 9 yrs, 1 mth ago

I have the 385 in Fuchsia and its amazing. I previously had the 3200 which I passed onto my sister. My cousin who is now 39 has had her one since she was 16 and it still works perfectly. You will never go wrong with this hair dryer. It doesn’t overheat nor does it suck you hair in through the back like other ones do.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.