15 yrs, 1 mth ago

The Biggest Loser – Couples 2009

I figured since we have a ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ & A ‘Neighbours’ thread, I would start one for The Biggest Loser as I am addicted to this show and I’m sure at least a few of you lovely beauties are too 🙂
I am loving the new series with the couples, so far the show has been very entertaining with a few twists already and there have even been a couple of tear-jerking moments. The last 3 seasons have all been won by men so this time I’m really hoping a woman takes the title out – I’ve got my money on Amanda as she’s the biggest woman in the house (170kg) and seems to have the most motivation and stamina, she’s amazing!!!
The show has had a lot of controversy surrounding it though, more so this year than ever before. The host of the show, Ajay Rochester, has been in trouble with the law over accusations of fraud with Centrelink, luckily she is still hosting the show though and has embarked on her own weight loss journey. Another controversial issue (which stands out to me) is the fact that The Biggest Loser now has it’s own meal replacement diet club with products like shakes, soups and meal replacement bars. While I am on a “meal replacement” weight loss plan myself and am seeing brilliant results on the scales every week, I am a little shocked that The Biggest Loser has jumped on this bandwagon as according to the trainers, healthy eating and exercise is the best way to go for shedding kilos….obviously the contestants are not following a meal replacement diet so to me it’s a tad strange that the show itself is being sponsored by the show’s own range of diet products that the trainers clearly do not endorse for the people they are training.
All controversy aside though, the show is just getting better and better each year in my opinion and I can’t wait to see who wins 🙂

1,212 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Joe is driving me nuts. I can`t stand him.
    I hope whoever comes back it is Damien…..he really needs to be there to lose the weight he has.

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Joe is driving me nuts. I can`t stand him.
    I hope whoever comes back it is Damien…..he really needs to be there to lose the weight he has.

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Wow. Greg was voted out.

All the teams seem to be in it for the money, not the weight loss. 🙁

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Wow. Greg was voted out.

All the teams seem to be in it for the money, not the weight loss. 🙁

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Honestly, if you don`t do some form of exercise and eat all that junk food, you do stack on the weight and it all goes to the tummy area. You could even see Michelle with the added weight around her middle. Oh and Shannon looked puffier around the tummy to.
    Whoa last nights episode….Sharlene? (mum in blue team). What a big dummy spit, I think she went on that show thinking she could throw her weight around and make things easier for her. She`s not as tough as she thought. I am hoping that will settle down now and get on with losing the weight.
    I also think that Greg (red team), it`s going to be hard for him, they say he`s a smoker and never done any exercise.
    Really feel sorry for the black team losing the Commando till next weigh in. Hope they can do well with what little stuff they know now. Obviously they have seen the show before so would know some exercises that they can do.

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Honestly, if you don`t do some form of exercise and eat all that junk food, you do stack on the weight and it all goes to the tummy area. You could even see Michelle with the added weight around her middle. Oh and Shannon looked puffier around the tummy to.
    Whoa last nights episode….Sharlene? (mum in blue team). What a big dummy spit, I think she went on that show thinking she could throw her weight around and make things easier for her. She`s not as tough as she thought. I am hoping that will settle down now and get on with losing the weight.
    I also think that Greg (red team), it`s going to be hard for him, they say he`s a smoker and never done any exercise.
    Really feel sorry for the black team losing the Commando till next weigh in. Hope they can do well with what little stuff they know now. Obviously they have seen the show before so would know some exercises that they can do.

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

yep…I`m watching it as well.

I have to admit that i am quite dubious about the amout of weight all of the trainers put on. That was a hell of a lot of weight to put on in 1 week. Michelle now weighs more than me…admittedly she is way more muscular but I still find it hard to believe that she put on 6kg – i think they fudged their original weights to make the weight gain more dramatic. I mean how can they all put on at least 5kg yet none of them gained a 2nd chin!

I don`t know… I`m pretty fit, I exercise a lot and eat really well, and I could easily gain that much weight in a week if I overate every day and did no exercise. A lot of it is bloating and water weight – it`s amazing how much of a difference that can make! Just the other day I gained 2 kilos after overeating on just one day! I didn`t even have to do anything special to lose it, it was just bloating.

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

yep…I`m watching it as well.

I have to admit that i am quite dubious about the amout of weight all of the trainers put on. That was a hell of a lot of weight to put on in 1 week. Michelle now weighs more than me…admittedly she is way more muscular but I still find it hard to believe that she put on 6kg – i think they fudged their original weights to make the weight gain more dramatic. I mean how can they all put on at least 5kg yet none of them gained a 2nd chin!

I don`t know… I`m pretty fit, I exercise a lot and eat really well, and I could easily gain that much weight in a week if I overate every day and did no exercise. A lot of it is bloating and water weight – it`s amazing how much of a difference that can make! Just the other day I gained 2 kilos after overeating on just one day! I didn`t even have to do anything special to lose it, it was just bloating.

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Oh my gosh you`re so right about the wife in blue agghhhh!!!!

Are any of you watching the American one with the new trainers, Bob and Jillian! Soooo good!

• 13 yrs, 1 mth ago

Oh my gosh you`re so right about the wife in blue agghhhh!!!!

Are any of you watching the American one with the new trainers, Bob and Jillian! Soooo good!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.