3 yrs ago

Masterchef 2021

Who’s watching Masterchef this year? And what does everyone think of the judges?

I miss Gary, George and Matt but don’t mind Melissa and Jock. Andy not so much.

29 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

I am only up to the last episode where T was booted off with a pin. Are you kidding me. They changed the pin rules and somebody still went home with a pin. Can’t correct stupid. I both feel sorry for her but also felt she deserved it based on the way she was trying to justify why she didn’t play it – it seems she thought she would still stay in the game because she believed the others, who were not dessert experts, would just do worse than her. To the contrary, they all did well and she had faults in all three dishes. That level of arrogance and pride (and even condescension towards her peers) is fatal. I really hope she and others watching learn from this cautionary tale.

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

I have to admit I don’t feel as invested in the show this season as I normally would be…not entirely sure why tbh. I do have favourite people in there, but if I missed an episode, I don’t care.

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

It has been a bit boring this season. My favourites have all left already 🙁

Excited to see what Celebrity Masterchef is like when it starts.

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

I was devastated when Conner left 🙁 I also can’t wait for Celebrity Masterchef I wonder who will be on it 🙂

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

Apparently Tommy Little will be – he accidentally spilled the beans on radio (not his show with Carrie, but another).

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

Oww that is exciting I hope it brings some fun, light hearted tv 🙂

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

I’ve officially given up on MC 2021. It just seems like the judges reactions seem scripted. I’ll probably tune in again for the finals.

• 3 yrs ago

I’m also watching! I don’t miss the old judges at all (even though I did briefly meet Gary Mehigan once at a Good Food & Wine Show years ago – I won a prize for guessing who was eliminated first on Masterchef that year), I prefer the new ones, especially the goddess that is Melissa Leong. Sure, Andy could dress better & heighten his vocabulary, but I can let that slide.

Thoughts on our first week of eps:

• So glad that Ben dude who was rude to Melissa didn’t get through. What an arrogant piece of you-know-what, thinking that his dish was of such a high standard. His dish the 2nd night wasn’t much better tbh.

• My faves so far are Minoli (gorgeous woman inside & out, I agree with you Ethelinde) & Kishwar (although I can see the self-doubt angle getting tiresome quickly tbh…and this is coming from someone with self-doubt). I do have some others that I kinda like watching (anyone else think that Amir is a snack? Just me then?), but I’m still getting to know everyone.

• Last night’s episode had me kinda salivating through the TV! Between Eric’s strange chicken & Justin’s Lebanese chicken, I couldn’t decide which dish I would’ve wanted to dig into more. Both looked delish.

• Wish they’d been able to hand out more immunity pins in Wednesday’s episode as there were at least 3 or 4 other contestants who were worthy of one.

• 3 yrs ago

Yes I totally agree. I noticed the same thing last year. Mel and Jock were always dressed up and then there was Andy, dressed like Where’s Wally or like he was about to go on a yacht.

• 3 yrs ago

I missed the first two episodes coz we had guests but watched last night (I know I can catch the episodes online but meh). What is up with Andy’s wardrobe?! Poor thing, it looks like he didn’t negotiate a wardrobe budget in his contract or something. I mean the other two judges dress well so…

• 3 yrs ago

I watch it on 10play.com.au so you can watch all the eps there if you miss one.

• 3 yrs ago

Can we talk first ep. I will avoid spoilers for next two eps (and I am not caught up yet anyway). What is with the guy who cooked the green stuff which he said was not a personal dish and then goes on to disagree with the judges!? Rude. I wouldn’t give that one a second chance at all. Mel’s response was so classy.

• 3 yrs ago

I`ve only seen the first episode too. Yes that guy was a real tool lol. Mel was so right in saying that he cooked what he thought would please them. I wouldn`t have given that attitude a second chance either. He seems really disrespectful. So far my favourite is the lady (not sure of her name yet) who had breast cancer that cooked all those curries. She seems really down to earth and lovely.

• 3 yrs ago

I don`t think they gave him any air time in the second episode. I take it the producers were just as put off.

• 3 yrs ago

Lol. Glad he`s gone!

I watched the second episode last night and I`m really liking the lawyer with the glasses and the guy with the long earring who made that Greek dish. How about you?

• 3 yrs ago

Same! I was worried for Conor (I think that`s his name) but turns out he`s just a genius and we might see him pull more rabbits out of hats at the last minute.

Too early to have favourites but I like Conor`s jam and I love Minoli (what a beautiful woman inside and out!).

• 3 yrs ago

And me! 🙂

• 3 yrs ago

I’m watching too!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.